1. #1 Sociologist: Gardening Spreads Racism, Fascism 
    Power CUer
    Sociologist: Gardening Spreads Racism, Fascism
    UK professor says BBC gardening show is culturally biased toward greenthumbed people.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...atherine-timpf

By Katherine Timpf

A sociology lecturer at the University of Westminster is claiming that panelists on a BBC radio show are covertly spreading racist and fascist messages when they talk about gardening.

Dr. Ben Pitcher claimed that people on Gardeners’ Question Time are really just using gardening as a covert way to talk about white identity without seeming racist.

“Gardeners’ Question Time is not the most controversial show on Radio 4, and yet it is layered with, saturated with, racial meanings,” he said on another Radio 4 show, according to an article in the Daily Mail.

“The context here is the rise of nationalism,” he continued.

The topics discussed on the show include different plant species and soil purity, which Pitcher identified as code language for racial purity. The Caucasian sociologist said radio personalities use discussions of “invasive” and non-native plant species to express opposition to foreigners. Another guest on Radio 4 — a baroness and former professor of cultural studies — agreed with Pitcher, comparing British concerns about rhododendrons to anti-Pakistani sentiments in the 1980s.

A frequent panelist on Gardeners’ Question Time, the aptly named Bob Flowerdew, called Pitcher’s claims “ridiculous.”

“Does he want us to stop using words altogether? Perhaps we shouldn’t use Latin names to avoid offending the Romans,” Flowerdew said.

D***! I guess me and my rhododendrons are racist after all.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Would it be racist to feed people like this into a chipper shredder to produce an organic nutrient rich mulch?

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

There is a lot of hoe'ing involved. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Would it be racist to feed people like this into a chipper shredder to produce an organic nutrient rich mulch?]
    Not if you did it feet first.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Not if you did it feet first.
    No. Put the hard part(their head) in first.

They should drive around Detroit some time and see all the gardening going on here, in a city that is 80% black. It's a kind of new trend in some ways, but old people of all races have been growing their own veggies since, well, forever.