Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New High School History Curriculum Teaches Students American Colonists Were Bigots 
    Power CUer
    New High School History Curriculum Teaches Students American Colonists Were Bigots
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/07...mty_twitter_fn

New history curriculum standards proposed for top high school students leave out such American icons as Benjamin Franklin and Martin Luther King, Jr., paint colonists as bigots and gloss over the Greatest Generation’s fight to save the world from Nazi Germany, according to conservative education activists who want the framework delayed — and perhaps scrapped altogether.

An open letter circulated by conservative education activists is calling on The College Board to delay implementing new Advanced Placement U.S. History guidelines, saying a “rising tide of opposition” believes the curriculum will take the nation’s classrooms in a bad direction.

The Aug. 4 letter, which is addressed to David Coleman, president/CEO of the New York-based nonprofit, claims the new 98-page curriculum is a “dramatic departure” from the five-page outline previously used by teachers and students and offers a consistently negative view of Americans as oppressors and exploiters.

“The framework ignores the rise of democratic institutions such as the House of Burgesses and New England town meetings,” the letter reads. “It also omits the colonists’ growing commitment to religious freedom and the emergence of a pluralistic society that lacked an entrenched aristocracy.”

Well of course they were! Buncha old white guys who passed an unfairly written Constitution while still owning slaves.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

1963 Communist Goals

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    1963 Communist Goals

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
    Check.

Wow. This is one of those times I am happy I do not have kids, but if I did they would be home schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Wow. This is one of those times I am happy I do not have kids, but if I did they would be home schooled.
    You send them to public school and then fill in the blanks so they can see how biased the system is.

I raised one that way and teachers do not like kids knowing more than they do.....or at least filling the other students in on what's what.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJeb View Post
    You send them to public school and then fill in the blanks so they can see how biased the system is.

I raised one that way and teachers do not like kids knowing more than they do.....or at least filling the other students in on what's what.
    No, the teachers have been brainwashed in schools of education. Most of them (at least in the elementary grades) are not that bright. They get THE lowest math scores in the whole university. Dumb as doorknobs. The high school teachers are a little better, but after years of "education" courses that are nothing but propaganda, they eventually succumb.

Vouchers now.
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Vouchers now.
    Vouchers are only as good as the education they can buy. Some charters are fantastic. Others...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    No, the teachers have been brainwashed in schools of education. Most of them (at least in the elementary grades) are not that bright. They get THE lowest math scores in the whole university. Dumb as doorknobs. The high school teachers are a little better, but after years of "education" courses that are nothing but propaganda, they eventually succumb.
    Ex-KGB agent; Yuri Bezmenov 1984
    Marxism-Leninism ideology is being pumped into the soft heads of at least three generation of American students without being challenged or counterbalanced by the basic values of Americanism; American patriotism....

The result? The result you can see ... the people who graduated in the 60's, dropouts or half-baked intellectuals, are now occupying the positions of power in the government, civil service, business, mass media, and educational systems. You are stuck with them. You can't get through to them. They are contaminated. They are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern [alluding to Pavlov]. You cannot change their mind even if you expose them to authentic information. Even if you prove that white is white and black is black, you still can not change the basic perception and the logic of behavior.

In other words [for] these people the process of demoralization is complete and irreversible. To rid society of these people you need another 15 or 20 years to educate a new generation of patriotically minded and common sense people who would be acting in favor and in the interests of United States society.
    http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/brain...7/bezmenov.htm
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.