Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    ...They are contaminated. They are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern [alluding to Pavlov]. You cannot change their mind even if you expose them to authentic information...
    That's the best explanation I can think of for what I see in the minds of education types.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    That's the best explanation I can think of for what I see in the minds of education types.
    That's the same brainwashing I see every time I read the DU.

Even if you prove that white is white and black is black, you still can not change the basic perception and the logic of behavior.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    That's the same brainwashing I see every time I read the DU.
    We are lost as a culture if we can't eradicate it.

We are lost as a culture if we can't eradicate it.
    It's too ingrained. With each generation it become more apparent how lost we are.
    Look who is in the WH.

I remember when it was obvious Obama was going to become Pres. I started paying attention to people like Soros, Rev. Wright, and Obama's so called mentor, Marshall Davis.
    Just researching those people and going back into their past then following other names/organizations that popped up in my research, it was hair raising. I did it on the internet with just google search and using Wikipedia.

There is a huge connection going way back into all their political beliefs.
    For decades they have operated under the radar. Now that they are in every aspect of every social organization and government agency, I don't see how it will ever get dislodged.

There have been a lot of people sounding the alarm, unfortunately they were ignored or written off as nut cases.

Back in '58, Cleon Skousen, wrote "The Naked Communist". He described the geopolitical Marxist Leninist strategy which has taken place over the last two/three generations.
    Last edited by Dori; 08-08-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Power CUer
    Where did Skousen get his information?

Where did Skousen get his information?
    Observation
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Observation
    What was he connected with?

W. Cleon Skousen (1913-2006) was a popular teacher, lecturer and author in the United States for over 40 years. Born in Raymond, Alberta, Canada on January 20, 1913, Dr. Skousen’s growing up years were spent in Canada, Mexico, and California.

At age 17 he was called to serve a two-year, LDS mission to Great Britain for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He later attended college at the San Bernardino Junior College where he was elected Student Body President.

With scholarships and encouragements, he left California in 1934 to work as a government aid in Washington DC. Later Dr. Skousen applied and was hired as an FBI agent.

Dr. Skousen married his sweetheart, Jewel Pitcher of San Bernardino, California, August 1936. During the past 69 years, they have raised 8 children and are the grandparents of 50 grandchildren and over 69 great-grandchildren. He resided in Salt Lake City, Utah, the remainder of his life.

Goodreads

Alternative view

Right-wing historian W. Cleon Skousen has seen a posthumous rise in popularity thanks to Fox News host Glenn Beck, who has praised Skousen's book The 5000 Year Leap and said that the 9 principles and 12 values of his 912 Project were inspired by Skousen's "28 principles of freedom." As MoJo's Stephanie Mencimer reports, demand for the constitutional seminars offered by Skousen's National Center for Constitutional Studies has more than tripled since the Tea Party movement took off. A new edition of The 5000 Year Leap (with a foreward by Beck) is flying off the shelves.

So what does Skousen's version of American history look like, exactly? A reading of Skousen's 1986 textbook, The Making of America, and its corresponding workbook, reveal a revisionist—and racially charged—narrative that's pretty different from the one most Americans study in school.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Okay, the colonists came here and thought they had a right to the land that Indians lived on. In some areas, they even killed Indians/committed genocide. Sounds like a lot of them were bigots to me. Yes, I realize some Indians were also violent bigots.

Why do we have to function with some pseudo crap that we supposedly were friends with the Indians and that everything we did here was blessed by God? Why can't we live in reality and still be proud of our country?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, the colonists came here and thought they had a right to the land that Indians lived on. In some areas, they even killed Indians/committed genocide. Sounds like a lot of them were bigots to me. Yes, I realize some Indians were also violent bigots.

Why do we have to function with some pseudo crap that we supposedly were friends with the Indians and that everything we did here was blessed by God? Why can't we live in reality and still be proud of our country?

One people or tribe conquering another is as old as humans. So called native Americans weren't particularly kind to each other. The Indians in the NE were nothing like the ones in the SW, and there were hundred of different tribes. They were all pretty diverse as they came from different places and origins themselves.

I refuse to buy into the anti-American white guilt that the liberals love infecting our national pride with.