Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    No one is talking about it because it is a direct reflection of less usage/demand via the stock market decline and the focus there. People without jobs don’t need to drive to work. People don’t do the ‘lets go for a drive thing anymore’ and they’re taking way less trips to the store.

It’s not rocket science.

The unemployment rate is great enough to curb gas usage by that much. It's more like people have been finding ways to conserve over the last few months and it is now finally hitting the suppliers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Me thinks the same...why is it that oil plummets almost 60 bucks a barrel yet prices at the pump drop a measely 30-40 cents?

The same reason gas didn't cost $6.80 in July.

Date Gas Price Crude Oil Price

Jan 06, 1997 1.272 22.90

Jul 28, 2008 4.010 122.59
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The same reason gas didn't cost $6.80 in July.
    Nice numbers Rebel, I stand corrected. Still, it's easy I guess to blame someone for the high cost of fuel simply because of the pain we all feel at the pump but the numbers don't lie.

Damn, gas was 1.27? I remember them days...:(
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Nice numbers Rebel, I stand corrected. Still, it's easy I guess to blame someone for the high cost of fuel simply because of the pain we all feel at the pump but the numbers don't lie.

Damn, gas was 1.27? I remember them days...:(
    Cavuto handed O'Reilly his ass on that same argument about two weeks ago. Priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vasg9_51RmU
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

haha nice. :D

Traffic seems way down on the local freeways (excluding yesterday - a holiday for some) and the feeders therein also show a marked decrease in flow.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

My wife says traffic is even down back in Hawaii while I'm out here, which is nice for her. The economy there is really taking a dive apparently, she's seen a huge downturn in her business as a bartender because people aren't spending as much cash.