1. #1 21 Things Nobody Tells You About Being Depressed 
    1. Most of the things people will say to help you are profoundly and dangerously unhelpful.
    Thanks to a plethora of misinformation about what depression actually is, people often seem to think that saying things like “just be happier,” “don’t be depressed,” and “just try harder” are legitimate pieces of advice. They are not.

2. It physically hurts.
    In the human body’s least amusing attempt at metaphor, many depressed people report physical symptoms like muscle ache, joint pain, and stabbing sensations in the chest. If you are depressed and feeling pain, check with your doctor to discuss possible causes.
    More

As with #2, a lot of time physical pain leads to depression and stress. It also can cause things like high blood pressure.

The only time my blood pressure is high is when I read DU, have bronchitis, or have a major pain issue-for instance my recent swollen foot that the doctors took several weeks to figure out it was actually broken as I continued to use it.

After working 9 out of the last 10 days, two of the days with less then an hours notice to get there, I'm feeling a little stressed.......today should be my Friday......Maybe.

Robin Williams suffered from both alcoholism and depression. This is a deadly combination because they feed off each other. I have the same issue. I'm a recovering alkie (8+ years sober now) and I've suffered from depression since I was a kid. I suspect that he had either just gotten over a binge drunk or was thinking about getting good and drunk that led to the suicide. He was a tortured soul, God have mercy on him.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Robin Williams suffered from both alcoholism and depression. This is a deadly combination because they feed off each other. I have the same issue. I'm a recovering alkie (8+ years sober now) and I've suffered from depression since I was a kid. I suspect that he had either just gotten over a binge drunk or was thinking about getting good and drunk that led to the suicide. He was a tortured soul, God have mercy on him.
    I'm glad you've been able to stay sober. Is your depression bi-polar or something else? Sorry if that questions going too far. I know the issue with bi-polar people is that they often conclude the medicine doesn't help or it's making things worse, so they'll self-medicate with alcohol (and that really does make it worse). It worries me because that's my ex-bil.