Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Think Progress": Robin Williams death about Global Warming 
    Power CUer
    Sorry for another thread on a dead comic, but Think Progress really takes the cake here.

Robin Williams In 2002: ‘It Is Beyond Global Warming At This Point. It’s Cooking!’ – Think Progress
    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...lobal-warming/

Robin Williams, who died Monday of an apparent suicide, was a brilliant comedian who had a well-known progressive bent in his humor.

He was not known for being an activist environmentalist the way some in Hollywood are — but he chose to make a lot of movies with explicit ecological themes, including “Happy Feet” 1 and 2 and “FernGully: The Last Rainforest.”

Williams took global warming seriously in the way only a great comic can. Back in 2002, he did this riff:

… And they say there is no global warming, but right now the North Pole is a pool. There’s things just floating away….

It is beyond global warming at this point. It is cooking.

It is 105 in the middle of the country and people come up going “Is it hot enough for you?”

“No I like sweat to be rolling down the crack of my ass like Niagara. I like my old man titties to lactate.”

And you see people in shorts and you’re going, “Please don’t wear those…. Oh please don’t put those on.”

They have a point. He was a liberal. They're using his death to promote progressive values hoping people will take to emotion. Instead of thinking about Robin Williams in regards to global warming, do your own research and decide on your own.

Think Progress once again expresses their complete stupidity. There is no point to their story.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Think Progress once again expresses their complete stupidity. There is no point to their story.
    They never tell anyone where they are progressing to.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    They have a point. He was a liberal. They're using his death to promote progressive values hoping people will take to emotion. Instead of thinking about Robin Williams in regards to global warming, do your own research and decide on your own.
    He was diagnosed with Parkinson disease according to his wife and had not made it public yet.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Backwards. The progressives of the 20's and 30's were huge fans of Fascism. Seems like they have regressed back to that way of thinking.

They had to change their name to liberals until that name earned a negative connotation too.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

It is 105 in the middle of the country
    Last year we had terrible heat. This year summer has been the most pleasant in quite some time temperature wise. Last winter was the coldest in my 49 years on this earth. Moral of the story is, weather is cyclical.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Last year we had terrible heat. This year summer has been the most pleasant in quite some time temperature wise. Last winter was the coldest in my 49 years on this earth. Moral of the story is, weather is cyclical.
    We are having a cool August for NV. Precipitation is down almost two inches year to date leaving with us just under one half inch for the year.

The last two days have been perfect outside and this "holiday" for our European guests. They are spending a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He was diagnosed with Parkinson disease according to his wife and had not made it public yet.
    True and he was sober.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/enterta...on-s-wife-says