Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lewis Black GIVES THE PADDLIN' to Rush Limbaugh re Robin Williams/liberalism/suicide 
    link

alp227 (26,970 posts)

Lewis Black GIVES THE PADDLIN' to Rush Limbaugh re Robin Williams/liberalism/suicide

FUCK YOU Rush Limbaugh. Your statements were beyond cruel and stupid. They were intolerable. Enough is enough from you. You are an idiot. Don't you ever demean the death of another human being. He was my friend. You disgust me.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...id=71196565222
    So someone "talks back" to Rush Limbaugh and that is considered a "paddlin' " LOL LOL

Worse part about it, Rush didn't say what the left is accusing him of.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yep, you can go to the transcript on his website and it's very clear that he's criticizing the media coverage of it, not Williams.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._culture_media

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That's pretty much SOP amongLibs/Progs. They hear some one claim something out rageous about some conservative, and they don't check to see it the something actually happened or was actually said. I've caught a few liars and installed egg on a few faces, and watched other conservatives to the same. It can be pretty entertaining at times.
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    That's pretty much SOP amongLibs/Progs. They hear some one claim something out rageous about some conservative, and they don't check to see it the something actually happened or was actually said. I've caught a few liars and installed egg on a few faces, and watched other conservatives to the same. It can be pretty entertaining at times.
    Actually, Rush makes it clear that it's the media's leftism and the left's dissatisfaction no matter what they have that is driving the narrative. Maybe that's what Louis CK is pissed about? That Rush sees Robin Williams' dissatisfaction with life as part of a larger leftist world view:

RUSH: So our last caller from Des Plaines, Illinois, wanted to know, "What is the politics in the coverage of the suicide of Robin Williams?" Well, I believe there is some. But I don't think that the politics is driving it. I think there was, on the part of media and Hollywood, genuine affection for the guy that is driving it, but there is politics. If you notice the coverage is focused on how much he had, but it wasn't enough.

"He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn't." Now, what is the left's worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it's one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They're never happy, are they? They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry.

They are animated in large part by the false promises of America, because the promises of America are not for everyone, as we see each and every day. I mean, right here there's a story on the Fox News website. Do you know, it says right here, that the real reasons that Robin Williams killed himself are he was embarrassed at having to take television roles after a sterling movie career.

He had to take movie roles that were beneath him, sequels and so forth, and he finally had to do television just to get a paycheck because he was in so much financial distress. He'd had some divorces that ripped up his net worth, and he had a big ranch in Napa that he couldn't afford any longer and had to put up for sale, and a house in Tiburon that he couldn't afford anymore. This is all what's in the Fox News story.

He had it all, but he had nothing. He made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside. I mean, it fits a certain picture, or a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and general unhappiness and so forth. Right here it says that one the contributing factors to Robin Williams deciding to kill himself was "survivor's guilt." It's in the headline.

I read that and I thought, "Survivor's guilt? What? What survivor's guilt? What?" So I read it, and it turns out that three of his closest friends, the story says -- Christopher Reeve, John Belushi, and Andy Kaufman... The source, unnamed in the story, said that Robin Williams felt guilty that he was still alive while his three friends had died young and much earlier than he had.

He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn't.

Well, that is a constant measurement that is made by political leftists in judging the country. It's outcome-based education: 2 + 2 = 5. "That's fine until the student learns it's 4. We're not gonna humiliate the student by pointing out that he's wrong. If he figures it out, cool. We're gonna take the fast learners and we're gonna slow them down so that they don't humiliate the kids that don't learn as fast as they do. It's just not fair."

So the bottom line is here is it's reported that he died, which is true, but he actually committed suicide. I just really hope that this coverage does not spawn copycats, because the coverage is fawning and glorious, and positive. You have so many people on social media who so desperately want fame. You know it and I know it.

People are voluntarily telling everybody every detail about themselves, casting every aspect of their privacy aside just because they want fame. They want to be noticed. They all want to be on TV. There's a lot of fame and the media's doing every story about this is a story of greatness -- unparalleled, unequaled, unique greatness.

I mean, everybody would love to be spoken of the way the media's speaking of Robin Williams today and last night, and I really hope -- 'cause there's some very fragile people out there -- people don't try to emulate or get this kind of notoriety for themselves by doing the same thing.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    More out of context snippets that get picked up on. Sigh.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

So someone "talks back" to Rush Limbaugh and that is considered a "paddlin' " LOL LOL
    Sounds like a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Yep, you can go to the transcript on his website and it's very clear that he's criticizing the media coverage of it, not Williams.

He did criticize the coverage, which I think could be used for good or bad. The problem with the copy cat/I want attention their is that one won't be there to see the attention they're getting if they commit suicide.

Now, read this. This is what he got blasted for.

"He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn't." Now, what is the left's worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it's one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They're never happy, are they? They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry.

They are animated in large part by the false promises of America, because the promises of America are not for everyone, as we see each and every day. I mean, right here there's a story on the Fox News website. Do you know, it says right here, that the real reasons that Robin Williams killed himself are he was embarrassed at having to take television roles after a sterling movie career.

He had to take movie roles that were beneath him, sequels and so forth, and he finally had to do television just to get a paycheck because he was in so much financial distress. He'd had some divorces that ripped up his net worth, and he had a big ranch in Napa that he couldn't afford any longer and had to put up for sale, and a house in Tiburon that he couldn't afford anymore. This is all what's in the Fox News story.

He had it all, but he had nothing. He made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside. I mean, it fits a certain picture, or a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and general unhappiness and so forth. Right here it says that one the contributing factors to Robin Williams deciding to kill himself was "survivor's guilt." It's in the headline.

I read that and I thought, "Survivor's guilt? What? What survivor's guilt? What?" So I read it, and it turns out that three of his closest friends, the story says -- Christopher Reeve, John Belushi, and Andy Kaufman... The source, unnamed in the story, said that Robin Williams felt guilty that he was still alive while his three friends had died young and much earlier than he had.

He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn't.

Well, that is a constant measurement that is made by political leftists in judging the country. It's outcome-based education: 2 + 2 = 5. "That's fine until the student learns it's 4. We're not gonna humiliate the student by pointing out that he's wrong. If he figures it out, cool. We're gonna take the fast learners and we're gonna slow them down so that they don't humiliate the kids that don't learn as fast as they do. It's just not fair."
    He was trying to link Robin's unhappiness to leftist ideology.

Would it really be too much to ask if instead of making excuses for or worse yet making victims out of a conservative being blasted, that people could just admit they were acting like shitheads? No matter how low Rush goes (or certain other pundits), there's always somebody there making excuses for him/them. It doesn't make your side look good. It makes them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Sounds like a fetish.
    oh my........

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link