Thread: Berkshire

1. #1 Berkshire 
    Berkshire shares pass $200,000 for first time
    OMAHA, Neb. — Naysayers have been calling shares of Warren Buffett’s company overpriced for decades. But Berkshire Hathaway Class A stock, which first topped $1,000 in 1983, on Thursday surpassed $200,000.

Berkshire has long had the most expensive U.S. stock. Buffett never split Berkshire’s A shares, although he did create more affordable Class B shares in 1996 that now sell for nearly $135.

The stock has had its ups and downs. The Class A shares first hit six figures in October 2006 and peaked at $151,650 in December 2007, when the Great Recession began. They fell as low as $70,050 in March 2009.

On Thursday, they reached an all-time high of $202,454.99.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I could use a few A shares, I would settle for about five or six. I'm not greedy.

Power CUer
    My mother bought some back in the sixties.... and held onto them, bless her. I have some B shares really for the sake of getting the annual report; it's always a hoot.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken