Hybrid View

1. #1 REDHEAD SENT HOME FROM SCHOOL FOR 'DISRUPTIVE' HAIR 
    Personal style is designed to make a statement. Still, Hayleigh Black never expected that hers would land her in the principal's office.

No sooner had she arrived for her first day back at school this year than the 16-year-old was told to go home. According to the Muscle Shoals school system in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, her red hair was too disruptive to remain in the building.

Black has dyed her hair a variant of vibrant red for almost three years, as smiling school photos show. Her mother, Kim Boyd, told ABC News that school administrators have never taken issue with it before.

But last week, Black was told that her hair was "distracting" fellow classmates. Citing the student handbook, which rules against "distracting" or "disruptive" hair styles, the principal insisted she leave the building.
    Weird.

Maybe it's because I live in CA, but the surprise at a bright hair color will last maybe 2 seconds? Sounds like some new adminicrat at the school felt a need to demonstrate their power.
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

I could care less about the girl's dye job.

I now understand more of the lyrics to "Sweet Home Alabama" now that I know that Muscle Shoals is a place and not a person.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I could care less about the girl's dye job.

I now understand more of the lyrics to "Sweet Home Alabama" now that I know that Muscle Shoals is a place and not a person.
    I have a friend who lives there.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.