Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Body of Michael Brown to have 3 autopsies 
    Body of Michael Brown to have 3 autopsies
    http://www.cnn.com/

DEVELOPING STORY
    Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- After another night of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has approved a second autopsy on the body of Michael Brown, the Justice Department said Sunday.

The autopsy will be conducted by a federal medical examiner, Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement.

"Due to the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family, Attorney General Holder has instructed Justice Department officials to arrange for an additional autopsy," the statement said.

"This independent examination will take place as soon as possible. Even after it is complete, Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation."

1 shot, 7 arrested during Ferguson curfew
    Captain: 'We made seven arrests'
    Protesters defy Ferguson curfew
    Curfew in effect in Ferguson, Missouri
    Gov. declares state of emergency, curfew

The news out of Washington came after protests that resulted in seven arrests and left one person shot. The shooting occurred just hours after a curfew was imposed to bring calm to a city that's seen a week of protests and sporadic looting after the police killing of the unarmed 18-year-old Brown.

"I can tell you that I was disappointed in the actions of tonight," said State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson, who's in charge of security for the town.

Police have no information on the shooter, Johnson said, adding that there was a person in the street with a handgun and a police car was shot at.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon had a different takeaway, saying that despite the violence and arrests, he was happy overall with authorities' handling of the unrest. He also thanked community members who he said were helpful in getting the city "through what could have been a very difficult night."

"Thousands of people marched, and not a single gunshot fired by a member of law enforcement," the governor said.

A day after Nixon declared a state of emergency and implemented a midnight-to-5 a.m. curfew, dozens of protesters -- a noticeably younger group than what has been the norm in Ferguson -- gathered to express their disagreement by marching and raising their hands in the air. The surrender posture -- which some witnesses say Brown was showing when he was killed -- has become symbolic of the protests.

Brown was shot to death August 9 by a white police officer as the teen walked down the street. Witnesses say they saw a scuffle between the officer and Brown at the police car before the young man was shot. Authorities have said Brown was trying to get the officer's gun.

His death has sparked sometimes violent protests and sporadic looting in the past week in the city of 22,000 people near St. Louis.

In tense Ferguson, trying to balance security, protesters' rights

Early Sunday, police fired smoke canisters on protesters in the first hour of the curfew. After the reports of a shooting victim, police fired tear gas to get to the wounded individual, according to Johnson....

Justice Dept. to Conduct 2nd Autopsy in Ferguson Case
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...T.nav=top-news

By JULIE BOSMAN and ALAN BLINDERAUG. 17, 2014

FERGUSON, Mo. — Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said Sunday that the Justice Department would conduct its own autopsy of Michael Brown, the unarmed African-American teenager who was fatally shot more than a week ago by a white police officer.

A Justice Department spokesman, Brian Fallon, said in a statement that the autopsy, which would be in addition to a state autopsy, had been ordered because of “the extraordinary circumstances involved in this case and at the request of the Brown family.”

The autopsy will be done by a federal medical examiner, Mr. Fallon said, adding that “Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation.” The state autopsy of Mr. Brown was conducted early last week.

After more than a week of unrest, the governor of Missouri said Sunday that an overnight curfew had been effective in helping to maintain peace in this St. Louis suburb.

Ferguson Extends Curfew To Second Night Tonight
    http://weaselzippers.us/196793-fergu...night-tonight/

According to the Missouri Highway Patrol the curfew over residents of Ferguson will be extended to Sunday night.

The curfew was put in place Saturday after tensions flared back up Friday night following the release of surveillance footage purporting to show Michael Brown robbing a convenience store. Governor Jay Nixon (D), who initially imposed the curfew to loud criticism, has blamed the release of the tape by Ferguson police for putting the community “on alert again.”

Seven people were arrested Saturday night, and one person shot in an apparently unrelated incident.

Holder will do anything and everything to find racism as the cause. The tox screens will be kept hidden as long as possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if the feds get different results.

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    Holder will do anything and everything to find racism as the cause. The tox screens will be kept hidden as long as possible, and I wouldn't be surprised if the feds get different results.
    I believe that's the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by thundley4 View Post
    This would never fly in TX -- holder should be legally told this is a State issue (not that he cares but it is time to stand up to his racism).

http://danaloeschradio.com/alleged-f...fers-his-side/

Here is an alleged friend of Officer Wilson's who knows his side of the story.

Does any normal thinking person actually trust anything that comes out of an Eric Holder lead Justice Department? He has done more to tear down the people's trust in government than anyone else, save Obama. I never distrusted the AG under Clinton or Carter but now the office seems to have no more integrity than a slum row brothel.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Does any normal thinking person actually trust anything that comes out of an Eric Holder lead Justice Department? He has done more to tear down the people's trust in government than anyone else, save Obama. I never distrusted the AG under Clinton or Carter but now the office seems to have no more integrity than a slum row brothel.
    Holder is running a personal shop at DOJ. I'm wondering what "Fast and Furious" Holder's real goal is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Holder is running a personal shop at DOJ. I'm wondering what "Fast and Furious" Holder's real goal is here.
    I suspect it was to curtail U.S. gun sales and the 2nd Amendment. Get a bunch of guns in the hands of violent Mexican drug cartels and when a slew of Mexicans get kill with the guns obtained from American businesses they'd blame the whole thing on the NRA and easy access to guns. However, one of the first people killed with one of these guns was a U.S Border guard. That caused the whole thing to unravel before a plausible cover story could be concocted. Fate stepped in to let the cat out of the bag. Fate is funny that way

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis