Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't dread coming in to work, and I am fairly interested in what I do, but at the same time I know that it is exactly 2 years, 9 months, and 25 days until I am eligible to retire.
    Funny girl ...

You forgot to count the hours!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Funny girl ...

You forgot to count the hours!
    That would involve recalculation too often; a daily count means it's not on my mind as much.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I have 22 years before I can retire...does it even make sense for me to count the hours....

And add a 5 year old to the mix who started Kindergarten today and has dreams of becoming a doctor.

Nah, won't be retiring any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I have 22 years before I can retire...does it even make sense for me to count the hours....

And add a 5 year old to the mix who started Kindergarten today and has dreams of becoming a doctor.

Hawk, if only I still had 22 years before turning 65!

I did that already ...

As have a few of us in here. I know full well you won't believe it, but it is true that "Youth is wasted on the young." Time seems to drag for you at the moment, but it most definitely will not when you get older. It will seem to just fly by before you are ready.

In the meantime ...enjoy your daughter's growing up, her first boyfriend, her first dance, even getting her through her first 'heartbreak', making her study her buns off to make good grades, attending her graduations, etc.

Hang in there girl. You'll get there sooner than you think!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 08-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Guesstimating your age as 38 when the baby came. Same age of wife when my son was born. I was 50 and it scared me to death. But here he is 19 and starting the second year of college and it's been great. Enjoy what you can while you can.

The young lady will be graduating college before you turn around. Stay involved with her as much as she will let you.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I've been feeling the opposite lately...I hate going to work....lots of stress and a micro-manager boss have really made me dream about quitting and just taking some time off.....I've never been unemployed so I don't know if the stress of not bringing home a pay check will be worse than the stress I have at work.

Who knows....
    I have the same feelings. I'm now in the middle of another acquisition at work.............. Just did this drill a little over two years ago with a different buy out. I love my job and my co-workers but these situations are often a nightmare.

You can retire at 45? That is great!