Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Here are the 2014 races in Missouri:

http://themissouritimes.com/99/few-c...grabs-in-2014/

Any of these have any connection to St. Louis or Ferguson?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    SLW,

I did not realize your son was in Ferguson tonight. I'll say lots of prayers for him tonight.

The Eric Holder army and the Grievance Industry is doing its job and destroying life for decent people. All for politics! Are the Missouri Senate or House races close?
    He's going to be there all week and his client is out of town. He takes his responsibilities seriously and gets annoyed when I call him, so will stand down.

It's a shame as Ferguson has been a quiet little close-in 'burb, with some nice houses. It has a historic district that also is interesting. I'd hate to try to sell a house there now. Many of the houses are well cared for.

The Obama crew and the Grievance Industry care nothing for ordinary Americans just trying to go about their lives and stay above water.

Haven't been following the local races. It's a shame that they have Nixon. Won't say anything in public, but he's no saint, in my opinion another of the dirty gang. The horrible Claire McCaskill won't be running this year, after she annihilated Todd Akin. St Louis County seems to be run by the Dems. That's how it was when I was growing up, all Dem, but there was the golden era when the Republicans ran things efficiently. Then Nixon won. The County District Attorney is fairly straight, one of the good dems. That's probably why they removed him quickly from the case. The Mo AG is an enigma. He's a Republican turned Dem. They probably don't trust him. So they'll turn it over to the big dirty dog, Holder.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    He's going to be there all week and his client is out of town. He takes his responsibilities seriously and gets annoyed when I call him, so will stand down.

It's a shame as Ferguson has been a quiet little close-in 'burb, with some nice houses. It has a historic district that also is interesting. I'd hate to try to sell a house there now. Many of the houses are well cared for.

The Obama crew and the Grievance Industry care nothing for ordinary Americans just trying to go about their lives and stay above water.

Haven't been following the local races. It's a shame that they have Nixon. Won't say anything in public, but he's no saint, in my opinion another of the dirty gang. The horrible Claire McCaskill won't be running this year, after she annihilated Todd Akin. St Louis County seems to be run by the Dems. That's how it was when I was growing up, all Dem, but there was the golden era when the Republicans ran things efficiently. Then Nixon won. The County District Attorney is fairly straight, one of the good dems. That's probably why they removed him quickly from the case. The Mo AG is an enigma. He's a Republican turned Dem. They probably don't trust him. So they'll turn it over to the big dirty dog, Holder.
    The politics sound deadly, but not, sadly, abnormal. I just wondered if any national seats (Congress or Senate) were close enough to warrant this kind of racial power play.

I admire your son's tenacity, but I think we'd all prefer he were out of there tonight.

Here are the 2014 races in Missouri:

http://themissouritimes.com/99/few-c...grabs-in-2014/

Any of these have any connection to St. Louis or Ferguson?
    Not really. They mentioned Jefferson County but it isn't near Ferguson at all. It's an area of white flight from long ago. People from South St Louis moved to South St Louis County, then to Jefferson County, which is still further out. It is so sad to see formerly lovely neighborhoods in the "City" deteriorate so badly.

Residents of North St Louis moved to areas like Jennings, Ferguson, etc as part of the first white flight in that area. After that they moved further west to St Charles County as the extension of the white flight. It went in waves.

There seems to be no problem with integration in the nicer burbs, where the black professionals move. It seems to be more of a matter of class, not race. They take care of their homes like the white residents, have the same interests.

All that flight happens when the gang types move in and ruin the houses and make life a living hell for everyone. Instead of tearing things apart and burning and looting, they should look inward and alter their behavior, but don't have much confidence that it will happen, particularly with agitators like Jessie Jackson and the Rev Al stirring things up. It's a modern tragedy.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There seems to be no problem with integration in the nicer burbs, where the black professionals move. It seems to be more of a matter of class, not race. They take care of their homes like the white residents, have the same interests.

All that flight happens when the gang types move in and ruin the houses and make life a living hell for everyone. Instead of tearing things apart and burning and looting, they should look inward and alter their behavior, but don't have much confidence that it will happen, particularly with agitators like Jessie Jackson and the Rev Al stirring things up. It's a modern tragedy.
    It usually is a matter of class. And of criminality. Black professionals have no more desire to live in gang infested areas than whites. They certainly don't wish to bring up their children there.

Much of what we hear in the media is the Black professional class, often feeling guilty for having gotten out and blaming it on whites instead. Survivor's guilt, I think. Goldie Taylor, for example, is actually from Ferguson. She was on KFI last night talking about the history of the place. However, the (black) commentator, Mo Kelly, didn't ask her why she no longer lived there. MSNBC is too uptown for living in Ferguson, I guess.

It usually is a matter of class. And of criminality. Black professionals have no more desire to live in gang infested areas than whites. They certainly don't wish to bring up their children there.

Much of what we hear in the media is the Black professional class, often feeling guilty for having gotten out and blaming it on whites instead. Survivor's guilt, I think. Goldie Taylor, for example, is actually from Ferguson. She was on KFI last night talking about the history of the place. However, the (black) commentator, Mo Kelly, didn't ask her why she no longer lived there. MSNBC is too uptown for living in Ferguson, I guess.
    Way too uptown. Ferguson is a small blue collar town, one of the inner ring of suburbs.

"

Personally I say the cops should withdraw. Let the savages burn the entire town to the ground.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Personally I say the cops should withdraw. Let the savages burn the entire town to the ground.
    Hey NJ, what would the Jersey or Philly equivalent of Ferguson be?

Hey NJ, what would the Jersey or Philly equivalent of Ferguson be?
    Well, at least in my lifetime the equivalent would be Vineland in the late 90's. http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-...police-officer Similar circumstances. White cop shoots black thug(I knew both cop and thug and believe me, Sammy's death was no great loss. Also, the shooting happened about 100 feet from my back door. I wasn't home at the time), idiots riot and protest and, yes, Sharpton made an appearance. Then there was the Bridgeton race riots of 1971. And now police in Bridgeton are being shot at so I don't know if you're trying to make a point that I don't know what it's like, well I do and my feelings still stand. If the people hate the cops so much it's time to let the people try to get along without us.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Well, at least in my lifetime the equivalent would be Vineland in the late 90's. http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-...police-officer Similar circumstances. White cop shoots black thug(I knew both cop and thug and believe me, Sammy's death was no great loss. Also, the shooting happened about 100 feet from my back door. I wasn't home at the time), idiots riot and protest and, yes, Sharpton made an appearance. Then there was the Bridgeton race riots of 1971. And now police in Bridgeton are being shot at so I don't know if you're trying to make a point that I don't know what it's like, well I do and my feelings still stand. If the people hate the cops so much it's time to let the people try to get along without us.
    No! No! That wasn't the point of the question.

I was trying to think of what the equivalent of Ferguson would be. I have been through the LA riots in 92, but that wouldn't be the same thing. I couldn't think of a SoCal equivalent. You were on the thread so I was thinking about New Jersey and all I could come up with is Camden, but that's a big city too. I was trying to think of where people might have run after leaving Philly and then run from as the area got bad. I had just been reading Kevin Williamson's excellent piece and he mentioned Philly alot. I thought you were the closest person to Philly on the board, since Philly Girl left. That's why I asked.