Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    No! No! That wasn't the point of the question.

I was trying to think of what the equivalent of Ferguson would be. I have been through the LA riots in 92, but that wouldn't be the same thing. I couldn't think of a SoCal equivalent. You were on the thread so I was thinking about New Jersey and all I could come up with is Camden, but that's a big city too. I was trying to think of where people might have run after leaving Philly and then run from as the area got bad. I had just been reading Kevin Williamson's excellent piece and he mentioned Philly alot. I thought you were the closest person to Philly on the board, since Philly Girl left. That's why I asked.
    Ah, OK. I am close to Philly but don't remember a riot to this scale unless you count the time a bunch of idiots came out of a movie theater ad for some reason started rioting(They just saw The Last Dragon. Didn't know Sho' Nuf had that affect on people). Camden, the entire city is a war zone and no it isn't a big city. Moderate I guess(population 77K). That place blows up on mischief night.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ah, OK. I am close to Philly but don't remember a riot to this scale unless you count the time a bunch of idiots came out of a movie theater ad for some reason started rioting(They just saw The Last Dragon. Didn't know Sho' Nuf had that affect on people). Camden, the entire city is a war zone and no it isn't a big city. Moderate I guess(population 77K). That place blows up on mischief night.
    Was Camden always a bad area?

Power CUer
    And more on this Capt. Johnson:

Top Missouri Highway Patrol Captain: “We Should Be Thanking The Browns” For Giving Us Michael
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mela...browns-michael

In a speech at a service for the unarmed 18-year-old killed by police last week, Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, who was put in charge of the police response in Ferguson, Mo., said Sunday that we should thank Michael Brown’s family, because Michael will “make it better for our sons so they can be better black men.”

“We all ought to be thanking the Browns for Michael, because Michael’s going to make it better for our sons, so they can be better black men, so they can be better for our daughters, so they can be better black women, better for me, so I can be a better black father, and we know they’re gonna make our mommas even better than they are today,” said Johnson.

Johnson apologized to the Brown family.

“I wear this uniform, and I should stand up here and say that I’m sorry,” he said.