Thread: The Butler

1. #1 The Butler 
    Watched it over the weekend. Based on a true story. Mixed feelings about it. Forest Whitaker plays a butler who served the White House for over 2 decades and 5 presidents. It's premise was about how domestic servants had influenced the decisions made about the civil rights movement.

It was a good movie....I just didn't like how they portrayed Reagan.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Items for Sale
    Haven't seen it but it looked ok.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I haven't seen it, but I have heard other critics say the same thing-specifically, they had an issue with the way Reagan's support for Botha and South Africa under Apartheid was misrepresented.

Forest Whittaker is a great actor, though. If you haven't seen it, I recommend The Last King of Scotland-his portrayal of Idi Amin is dead on, if you remember the real Amin from the early 70s and the raid on Entebbe.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I haven't seen it, but I have heard other critics say the same thing-specifically, they had an issue with the way Reagan's support for Botha and South Africa under Apartheid was misrepresented.

Forest Whittaker is a great actor, though. If you haven't seen it, I recommend The Last King of Scotland-his portrayal of Idi Amin is dead on, if you remember the real Amin from the early 70s and the raid on Entebbe.
    I like to refer to him as Idiot-R-Mean.