Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Beheading video prompts calls for US to escalate campaign against ISIS 
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...-against-isis/

Military analysts and U.S. lawmakers say the apparent beheading of an American journalist by Islamic State terrorists should be a wake-up call to the need to dismantle the organization which has taken root in Iraq and Syria with aspirations, they say, of attacking the West.

“America got a glimpse of exactly who they are,” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., told Fox News on Wednesday. “This is a group you need to deal with.”

ADVERTISEMENT
    ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. intelligence officials continue to analyze the video, which purports to show Islamic State extremists beheading American journalist James Foley, who is from New Hampshire.

The beheading marks the first time the Islamic State has killed an American citizen since the Syrian conflict broke out in March 2011, upping the stakes in an increasingly chaotic and multilayered war.

The militants in the video rail against U.S. airstrikes in Iraq and threaten to kill a second American journalist, depending on President Obama’s “next decision” – an apparent reference to U.S. military policy in the region.

The video puts pressure on the White House to weigh the risks of ramping up airstrikes in Iraq targeting the Islamic State, and the possibility that militants could kill more Americans in response

What astounds me is that this is the first I can recall any of us hearing about this journo being held hostage yet it seems EVERYONE in the media and this Administration has known about it for MONTHS!

WTF?

And now we learn that there are at least 19 more journalists being held over there by these Islamo-Nazis? Also we're just now finding out that Special Forces conducted a substantial raid to try and free these captured journalists and that a pretty good firefight ensued and the result was that none of them were freed because they weren't there at the location.

WHY are we just finding out about this? WHY hasn't the media been wall to wall on this infomring people of what's going on? I mean after all this is other journalists that are being brutalized beheadded and held hostage.

That right there tells me all I need to know about what the MSM believes is more important. They'd rather protect this Administration and this President than report the facts and let the world know what's going on because to do that would put a lie to the claims that have been made that "al-Qaeda is dead".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    If you haven't heard about Foley's kidnapping until his execution, it's probably because you don't follow the venues that have reported it since 2012. PBS NewsHour has had several pieces since he was taken in 2012, because he had done reporting for them. Several British newspapers have reported on the journalist hostages.

Once something moves out of the headlines it can be hard to track. The father of a friend of mine, who was the President of the American University in Beirut, was kidnaped during the problems there several years ago, and was held for some time. He was ultimately released, but after the first rush of headlines, the only place I could follow the ongoing story was in the Chronicle of Higher Education!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    What astounds me is that this is the first I can recall any of us hearing about this journo being held hostage yet it seems EVERYONE in the media and this Administration has known about it for MONTHS!

WTF?

And now we learn that there are at least 19 more journalists being held over there by these Islamo-Nazis? Also we're just now finding out that Special Forces conducted a substantial raid to try and free these captured journalists and that a pretty good firefight ensued and the result was that none of them were freed because they weren't there at the location.

WHY are we just finding out about this? WHY hasn't the media been wall to wall on this infomring people of what's going on? I mean after all this is other journalists that are being brutalized beheadded and held hostage.

That right there tells me all I need to know about what the MSM believes is more important. They'd rather protect this Administration and this President than report the facts and let the world know what's going on because to do that would put a lie to the claims that have been made that "al-Qaeda is dead".
    ....but...but....but.....we need to know what Kim K. and Con-yea is wearing today.....and how much she's letting hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

WTF?

Where did you hear that we've known about this for months?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Foley's case has been in the news since he was kidnapped in 2012. As I said above, British newspapers have covered more about hostage journalists on an ongoing basis. There have not been a lot of details, which I would expect in any hostage situation.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Foley's case has been in the news since he was kidnapped in 2012. As I said above, British newspapers have covered more about hostage journalists on an ongoing basis. There have not been a lot of details, which I would expect in any hostage situation.
    Okay, thanks. Our media does suck.

Or what if it isn't just them? What if there are orders not allowing them to mention certain things? I know government isn't supposed to control our media, but what if?

The botched raid was conducted two months ago. You don't just plan one of those things over night. The rehearsals and the intel needed to conduct an operation like what the SF did needs months.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Foley's case has been in the news since he was kidnapped in 2012.
    Link? I know I'm off in the boonies here in Germany...but there's been nothing in the media about this.

Okay, thanks. Our media does suck.
    I learned that years ago when I first got a computer and went on the internet.

I remember reading newspaper reports about America in papers coming out of Scotland, Australia and India. Then I would watch the news and read the newspaper here, and could find nothing they were talking about. I remember getting angry about it, as I was trying to follow up on news I thought was important for us to know.

I've been a media source and cynic ever since.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.