1. #1 Lawrence O'Donnell Reporting That There Was NO Incident Report Filed By Officer Wilso 
    link

DUers get all hot and bothered.

WillyT (57,630 posts)

Lawrence O'Donnell Reporting That There Was NO Incident Report Filed By Officer Wilson...

No link... on MSNBC right now.
    It's Outrageous!!11!!1!!!!!!11111!

avebury (5,235 posts)

10. There is not even a report by the PD of the incident prepared

by the investigators. There are a lot of people that need to be losing their jobs.
    valerief (40,621 posts)

25. There's so much wrong with Wilson's behavior. He might as well

have been wearing a white hood.
    Rex (45,708 posts)

3. Why would he? The PD was too busy helping him flee the scene.

No time to write an incident report! Had to pack up the wife and kids and get out of town! You want him to do his job, when he just shot someone and had to go find a place to hide!?
    hrmjustin (45,564 posts)

5. Wow! I wonder if that can be used against him in the courts. I hope so.
    Loki (2,178 posts)

7. Just heard this also.

Calling Governor Nixon in the am to demand a special prosecutor for this case. All people who live in Missouri should be making a call tomorrow. This makes me ill.
    Then there's this:

Travis_0004 (1,722 posts)

11. Its not that uncommon

I live in a small town where we dont have special detectives. On major cases they call in the county immediately.

They do not file an incident report since they dont have any evidence.

In this case St Louis police did the investigation. They have an incident report. By usuing a different, larger department they can have more experienced officers do the investigation and there is less bias since the investigation officer is less lilely to know Wilson personally.
    HooptieWagon (10,573 posts)

12. I suspected as much.

The "official" PD story was changing way too much. Once an incident report is filed, they're married to that story. Right now, they're just making shit up as they go along.

Rather damning for Wilson. His job requires filing an incident report. If his first reaction is to clam up, he knows he's fucked.
    Travis_0004 (1,722 posts)

16. remaining silent does not imply guilt

He and everybody else in america has a right to remaon silent.

Also an incident report is filled out by a neutral party. Not an officer involved in the shooting.
    Of course if the information somehow is positive, or helps the officer DUers cannot let that stand.

Solomon (9,064 posts)

23. Why don't you just stop it. How many excuses

are you going to come up with? You got answer for every fuck up this guy does. Do you really think we're that stupid? As the only officer on the scene he is the one to do the incident report. He's a fucking public servant. How the hell is somebody who wasn't there going to do the fucking incident report? Okay I tell you what. Anybody else doing the incident report has to talk to witnesses to make the report since the writer of the report wasn't there. Since as you assert Wilson has the right to remain silent, and won't talk, then the writer will have to write the report based upon the eyewitnesses all of whom say he shot at Brown as he was running away, and shot Brown several times when he tried to surrender. Therefore, based upon the "incident report", Wilson should be charged and arrested. And don't try some stupid shit like asserting Wilson can tell the writer what to put in the report. That would be utterly absurd.

It's MesS via DU, so it may be total conspiracy-theory-grade nonsense (i.e., if one is found to have been filed, the response will be that it was put there after O'Donnell reported its absence). But pretending that this attic-dwelling member of the MSM got one right (and that no one took a report from Wilson verbally and filed it under his own name, as would be proper) maybe Officer Wilson was away from his official forms at the hospital, and then was helping move his family somewhere safe from the Sharpton-&-Jackson,-et-al incited mob.

Did I show appropriate respect for MSNBC and Lawrence O'Donnell?
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

Lawrence O'Donnell.

That's the only info I need for this crap.

Solomon (9,064 posts)

... Do you really think we're that stupid? ...
    Oh, no...MUCH stupider.

I saw an article (AP?) on Yahoo! News that stated that it is correct that there was no police report filed by Officer Wilson, and that this was in response to a FOIA from the ACLU. Whether another officer may have taken and filed a statement is a degree of detail into which the article did not go.

But what does this signify? Two facts - as I posted above - are known. Officer Wilson went to the hospital in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, and soon after was moved, with his family, to a safe location. Depending on the timings and his condition, these may account for Officer Wilson not filing a report. IF Officer Wilson suffered a skull fracture, this may have led to a hospital stay, and left him unable to write a report.

I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit more than will come out in this aspect of the case.
    SVPete

Envy is Greed's bigger, more evil, twin.

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

DUmmies, if we are going to take a detour into the land of stupidville, consider this possibility:

brown was bee-bopping down the road with his homie who he just stole the cigars with and the 2 get into an altercation. brown's homie pulls out his gat (gun to the non street wise) and pops a cap (6 caps in this case) into brown's ass (actually 4 into his arm and 2 into his head). Officer Wilson rolls up onto the scene and immediately brown's homie starts spouting off about how Officer Wilson shot brown simply because he's black.

If we're gonna float all kinds of stupid scenarios regarding this matter, I figured I'd throw this into the mix.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    DUmmies, if we are going to take a detour into the land of stupidville, consider this possibility:

brown was bee-bopping down the road with his homie who he just stole the cigars with and the 2 get into an altercation. brown's homie pulls out his gat (gun to the non street wise) and pops a cap (6 caps in this case) into brown's ass (actually 4 into his arm and 2 into his head). Officer Wilson rolls up onto the scene and immediately brown's homie starts spouting off about how Officer Wilson shot brown simply because he's black.

If we're gonna float all kinds of stupid scenarios regarding this matter, I figured I'd throw this into the mix.
    It's at least as good as the other crap.