Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I genuinely wonder if Skinner is aware... 
    link

MaggieD (91 posts)

I genuinely wonder if Skinner is aware...

That he has created a cesspool of a forum for right wing nuts at Discussionist. Perhaps he felt in his heart of hearts that right wing nuts just didn't have enough space on the internet to spew their ignorance and hate. I guess that is possible. But hopefully not.

Currently they band together to silence all but the mildest of liberal opinion via the jury system. Hint: it really doesn't work when half or more of the jury pool consists of knuckle dragging morons. And even if it did, why give racists and bigots and frankly idiots yet another forum to spew on the internet? Was the internet lacking in that and I just didn't notice?

I'm guessing if it catches on the ads will bring in money. Or is there some other reason? Do tell.
    In other words liberals are pissing and moaning that on Discussionist they have to hear another point of view that they cannot silence like on DU, and they justify their intolerance and hate by claiming that THEY are right and so are entitled to be intolerant.

Prophet 451 (8,382 posts)

1. That's why I avoid the place

All the conservatives are whacko dittoheads and they run the roost.
    Prophet 451 (8,382 posts)
    8. Naivite maybe?

I'm certain I've spelled that wrong. But maybe Skinner really thought that teh place would host thoughful, fruitful discussions between liberals and conservatives. He forgot the simple fact that they hate us. The entire conservative principle today is just a hatred for all things liberal, there is no more complex motivation than that. And in any forum where they're allowed to, conservative zombies swarm like locusts, telling everyone how much they hate liberals for being liberal.

That, or maybe ad money.
    Blue_In_AK (41,064 posts) 6. Why do you care?

If it bothers you, don't go there.
    magical thyme (8,214 posts)

51. exactly!!!!! +1,000

I go to discussionist. I find perfectly nice former DUers who were banned for what I consider to be ridiculous "offenses" and whose contributions I appreciated while they were DUers. I find reasonable right wingers where we are able to find common ground and try coming up with workable solutions to problems. And I find right wing nutcases, who I tend to ignore.

You don't like it? Don't go there.
    BainsBane (28,542 posts)

11. He must be

He posts there.

He said the purpose of the site wasn't even to be about politics, but that is what it has become. It's full of file racists and misogynists.

I disagree with your assessment of juries there, however. I've been on many juries there and they lean liberal, not right. That's not to say all kinds of vile stuff doesn't get through, but I disagree that liberals are treated more harshly than conservatives.

As for the reason for it, it's a business venture like any other.
    davidpdx (15,593 posts) 14. My guess is the majority of the people over there are

ankle-biting right wing assholes.

Blue_In_AK (41,064 posts) 6. Why do you care?

If it bothers you, don't go there.
    I'd file this intelligent post along the lines of the saying "a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut"...
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

This is how septic tank bacteria feels when you run fresh rinse water down the drain, dazed and confused.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Discussionist has *some* conservatives, but mostly liberals. Some of them want to do the DU Party line. Some don't and that's why they were banned to begin with. These people need to get over it.

I personally haven't posted a lot at Discussionist because I don't think there are enough conservatives interacting. Perhaps their polls full of of liberal options are giving me the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Discussionist has *some* conservatives, but mostly liberals. Some of them want to do the DU Party line. Some don't and that's why they were banned to begin with. These people need to get over it.

I personally haven't posted a lot at Discussionist because I don't think there are enough conservatives interacting. Perhaps their polls full of of liberal options are giving me the wrong idea.
    You can post but half of it is removed so what is the point?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I picked up on a lot of sarcasm going over the heads of the DUmmies.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

In other words liberals are pissing and moaning that on Discussionist they have to hear another point of view that they cannot silence like on DU, and they justify their intolerance and hate by claiming that THEY are right and so are entitled to be intolerant.
    The same gripe. Every. TIME. A documented, counterfactual argument drives them flipping nuts. There's a very good article on the depression of the Left, in particular the envirowackos, but it applies as much if not more, to the left in general. The only sane "quasi-lefties" over there are the self-proclaimed "moderates". You can converse with most of those.

The rest are irretrievably mentally ill.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Those polls are simply stupid. If the options are not restricted to a straight LIbEral line, they are simply "thoughts put down with crayon" by some ....really not too smart people. It is funny to listen to them whine about being "overrun" by Conservatives when, you're absolutely right, it's over 75% Hard LIbEralS, 10% true moderates, about 8% ....sorta Conservative-more Libertarian and about 2% hardcore Conservative.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This is how septic tank bacteria feels when you run fresh rinse water down the drain, dazed and confused.
    You really need to apologize. There was no reason to insult septic tank bacteria by comparing them to DUmbasses.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

All $kimmer did by finally creating a place like Discussionist is prove what we've been saying for almost a decade...that Liberals arguments and their propaganda doesn't survive outside their self created echo chambers.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.