Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    The president was pissed about having to eat a very large turd sandwich yesterday.

I donít feel the decision was correct, in fact I think virtually all of these terrorists should be executed, once tapped for information, but that's the way it goes. Sometimes the law gets in the way.
    Which Law????? The one they MADE UP with this decision???!!!!!

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Do you think this decision is even remotely a step toward reestablishing Habeus corpus and ending the Patriot act?.........I initially was onboard when this was implemented, but after 8 years of learing what it's been used for, I am not longer keen on that piece of legislation or the Military commissions act. Some seem to think the same way.

What to make of this article?

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...ene/index.html

I also was not fully aware of the scope of the Habeus Corpus in the constituion. I personally don't think these conditions apply to American's to suspend it.
    It is not a question of applying it to American citizens. It is a question of whether or not it applies to foreign enemy combatants.

I don't think Habeas Corpus was extended to captured British soldiers after 1776, do you? I don't think it was extended to Indians or anybody captured during the War of 1813. I don't think captured Southerner troops were granted that right, do you? We sure as hell didn't do it in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

This is a Supreme Court going amok.