Thread: More Hating on Christianity

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Terms or phrases that show up in every thread on religion on at least three different forums:

God
    Faith
    Christianity
    Jesus
    mocking
    offended
    The Night Owl
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    I'm not particularly religious, but I do believe in a higher power. I guess one would call it God. And I see the evidence of that power all around me, every dya.

You believe that you see evidence of God all around you. What you are describing as evidence is not evidence in any verifiable or even testable sense.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-13-2008 at 12:52 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    You believe that you see evidence of God all around you. What you are describing as evidence is not evidence in any testable or verifiable sense.

How do you know? You just assume a lot about the universe and the way it works with no real evidence. Then you take pleasure in ridiculing people who don't believe as you do. I've seen you do that many times on different forums. It makes me wonder what your purpose is in harassing people so. Do you not believe that people have the right to believe in whatever they wish? Do you believe that everyone should believe as you do?

It makes no sense to me, TNO.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

How do you know? You just assume a lot about the universe and the way it works with no real evidence. Then you take pleasure in ridiculing people who don't believe as you do. I've seen you do that many times on different forums. It makes me wonder what your purpose is in harassing people so. Do you not believe that people have the right to believe in whatever they wish? Do you believe that everyone should believe as you do?

I don't claim to know that what you consider to be evidence of God is or is not that. You are the one claiming to know that you have seen evidence of God. All I'm saying is that what you consider to be evidence of God is not verifiable or even testable.

Do you not believe that people have the right to believe in whatever they wish? Do you believe that everyone should believe as you do?
    Of course I believe that people should have the right to believe whatever they want to believe. Just because I challenge or mock what some people believe doesn't mean I want to impose my way of thinking on them. The world would be a sterile place if everyone thought the same way.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-13-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

He reminds me of this little twirp I knew not long after I got out of high school. We all thought he'd became an atheist because he was angry that he was gay. We happened to be at the same get together one night, and the booze and dope was flowing regular. He decided to tell us how there was no God, and me and my buddy didn't care. But then he was gonna show us why, and proceed to start with his, "Bring it on God, Fuck God, and such." Me and Scott stood up and asked him if he seriously thought there wa no God. He said he geniuinely believed it. I told him that was his business, but we do. And if he said that shit again, I guaranteed that by the time I finished beating the shit out of him, he would call out to him.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

BSR
    I don't claim to know that what you consider to be evidence of God is or is not that. You are the one claiming to know that you have seen evidence of God. All I'm saying is that what you consider to be evidence of God is not verifiable or even testable.
    Either is the belief that aliens exist, however many in the "Scientific Community" believe they exist through their "faith" that we are not alone in the Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    He reminds me of this little twirp I knew not long after I got out of high school. We all thought he'd became an atheist because he was angry that he was gay. We happened to be at the same get together one night, and the booze and dope was flowing regular. He decided to tell us how there was no God, and me and my buddy didn't care. But then he was gonna show us why, and proceed to start with his, "Bring it on God, Fuck God, and such." Me and Scott stood up and asked him if he seriously thought there wa no God. He said he geniuinely believed it. I told him that was his business, but we do. And if he said that shit again, I guaranteed that by the time I finished beating the shit out of him, he would call out to him.
    Are you talking about Scott of NU?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Of course I believe that people should have the right to believe whatever they want to believe. Just because I challenge or mock what some people believe doesn't mean I want to impose my way of thinking on them. The world would be a sterile place if everyone thought the same way.

So you're just being an asshole towards folks whose beliefs you find go against yours?

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Are you talking about Scott of NU?
    no, I don't know anyone from any of these boards personally. Sometimes I forget I'm talking to people that don't know me and my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Either is the belief that aliens exist, however many in the "Scientific Community" believe they exist through their "faith" that we are not alone in the Universe.
    We don't have evidence that life exists on planets other than Earth, but our presence in the Universe proves that the existence and prevalence of life in the Universe is a matter of probability. Consider the Drake Equation as explained by Carl Sagan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB_v99FSTYc
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas