Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 181
  1. #41  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Having faith in oneself is a lot different from having faith in God because having faith in oneself, unlike having faith in God, usually does not involve believing extravagant claims. For instance, I have faith in my ability to cook eggs because I've eaten evidence of my ability to cook eggs. Conversely, I don't have faith in God because I've never come across any evidence that God exists.
    And yet you live.
     

  2. #42  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The fact that the existence of God cannot be disproven is a good argument against strong atheism, which I have always considered to be suspect, but it is also a poor argument in favor of belief.

    And yet your SCIENCE is based on FAITH also.
     

  3. #43  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Conversely, I don't have faith in God because I've never come across any evidence that God exists.
    There is plenty of evidence.

    That you fail to see it means not that the evidence is not there, but that you are blind to it. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

    Even if the proof was laid before you, you would deny it. You're the type that demands evidence and because said evidence doesn't fit your worldview and preconceptions and prejudices, do what all DUers and their ilk do..stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalala.....

    One thing you can never lay claim to, Owl, is an open mind. You will never listen, never learn, never admit you are wrong, or may be wrong, are a narrowminded git..and as I seem to recall, you've been banned repeatedly elsewhere for your attitude.

    Got news for you, Owl..you haven't had different experiences on different forums and with different people..you've had the same experience again and again and again and have failed to learn from it.

    DON'T waste time with us over proof of God...when you show that you are prepared to listen and to keep an open mind, we may be ready to talk. I am always ready to discuss things with people who are prepared to listen..I have no time for the likes of you.

    You and your cohort Gore and Pitt and the rest of them suffer from one singular fault..one major malfunction, one fatal flaw that makes them hypcrites, liars, fools and buffoons.

    It is why I, and so many others, refuse to listen to his diatribes and propaganda, and it is why I have very little patience with people like you.

    Your patented, repeated and pathological inability to utter the following words

    I may be wrong.

    Sod off, swampy.
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Having faith in oneself is a lot different from having faith in God because having faith in oneself, unlike having faith in God, usually does not involve believing extravagant claims. For instance, I have faith in my ability to cook eggs because I've eaten evidence of my ability to cook eggs. Conversely, I don't have faith in God because I've never come across any evidence that God exists.
    You are surrounded by evidence that God exists. Your life, every life, is evidence. The planets, the stars, the universe, evidence. That you're able to think and reason...and reject Him, all evidence. You are merely blind to the facts. However, your blindness is only temporary...someday, you will see.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    You are surrounded by evidence that God exists. Your life, every life, is evidence. The planets, the stars, the universe, evidence. That you're able to think and reason...and reject Him, all evidence. You are merely blind to the facts. However, your blindness is only temporary...someday, you will see.
    I am surrounded by what you believe to be evidence that God exists not what has been shown to be evidence that God exists.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Your patented, repeated and pathological inability to utter the following words

    I may be wrong.
    You have the wrong idea about me. I am not claiming to be certain that God does not exist. I feel almost certain that God does not exist, but I fully acknowledge that I might be wrong.

    I suspect that the believers are the ones who are unwilling to acknowledge that they might be wrong. Perhaps I should ask them if they are...

    Believers,

    Are any of you willing to admit that God might not exist?
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-13-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
     

  7. #47  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    You have the wrong idea about me.
    Horseshit. I have seen your crap for years. I know you all too well.

    I am not claiming to be certain that God does not exist. I feel almost certain that God does not exist, but I fully acknowledge that I might be wrong.

    I suspect that the believers are the ones who are unwilling to acknowledge that they might be wrong. Perhaps I should ask them if they are...
    We don't need proof.You seem to demand it.

    Believers, Are any of you willing to admit that God might not exist
    I certainly am, except for the fact I know He does.
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    And yet your SCIENCE is based on FAITH also.
    I have faith in science. And why shouldn't I? Science has a far better track record than religion. Many scientific claims have been proven. No religious claims have ever been proven. As Christopher Hitchens likes to point out, the theologians and religionists still have all their work ahead of them.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
     

  9. #49  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,772
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    You have the wrong idea about me. I am not claiming to be certain that God does not exist. I feel almost certain that God does not exist, but I fully acknowledge that I might be wrong.

    I suspect that the believers are the ones who are unwilling to acknowledge that they might be wrong. Perhaps I should ask them if they are...

    Believers,

    Are any of you willing to admit that God might not exist?
    Yes. And I'm a Christian. I struggle with this all the time.
    Not an easy thing to admit.
    At the same time, if God does exist..... and you meet him....? HMMM
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  10. #50  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I certainly am, except for the fact I know He does.
    Doublethink.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 06-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •