Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Yeah Joe hates taxes so much he's decided to not pay them.
    He's my hero then. What if we all refused to pay our taxes at the same time?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I think this incident is a big part of why the polls have narrowed. 2 words were uttered in this exchange that have lot's of power.

Redistribute Wealth

I guess that's good for people who actually pay attention to be concerned.
    I have a relative, very bright person, who has been driving me crazy. He supports Obama. I think this redistribute wealth thing has gotten to him. Now I heard he's wavering.

Joe the Plumber ought to have a cabinet post to bring some common sense to their cabinet meetings. Yay Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    3. Obama's plan is Communism.
    Nice point.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    He's my hero then. What if we all refused to pay our taxes at the same time?
    We'd all collectively get our asses kicked?
    Last edited by Goldwater; 10-18-2008 at 06:17 AM.

40% of all Americans filing a tax return pay no taxes. Obama is going for these voters and they don't care about anyone having to pay Clinton era taxes on the profits over $250k. It is a brilliant move.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    40% of all Americans filing a tax return pay no taxes. Obama is going for these voters and they don't care about anyone having to pay Clinton era taxes on the profits over $250k. It is a brilliant move.
    You got it Logan, right on the money man! It's the classic way to win an election; mobilize the "middle class", promise them everything they want, get elected.

Nevermind that Sotero's tax plan will add another 10% to the list of people who already pay no taxes, guys making 50k a year and up (like me) will pay their share. I'm obviously a "wealthy elitist".
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    You got it Logan, right on the money man! It's the classic way to win an election; mobilize the "middle class", promise them everything they want, get elected.
    You'll notice I never said it was right - just fucking brilliant. You'll see every person of color, every minimum wager, every metropolitan bus rider and every special-ed adult flock to the polls for Obama and McCain will have to set there and helplessly watch his campaign die. Again.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    You'll notice I never said it was right - just fucking brilliant. You'll see every person of color, every minimum wager, every metropolitan bus rider and every special-ed adult flock to the polls for Obama and McCain will have to set there and helplessly watch his campaign die. Again.
    Then quit bashing Bush & Mccain; that might help. If Obama is elected, the shit will hit the fan for the average working Joe and business owner. I will be much better off if Obama's campaign promises take effect; not taxing S.S. or retirement income would provide me with a great windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    If you're looking for the "Average Joe", this man ain't him.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14652.html

I don't know how you can say such a foolish thing. What do you think is happening with a lot of home owners right now?? If they aren't able to pay their mortgages, I doubt they are paying their property taxes. On top of that, many have mounting credit card debt and have lost their jobs. The divorce rate is insane and many end up financially devastated...the owe taxes, support, etc.

If Joe the plumber had been an Obama supporter, the media would be embracing him. Nobody would be making fun of him or digging into his past. If the situation were reversed and Republicans did what liberals are doing to this guy, OMG, shit would hit the fan. The Republicans would be smeared for attacking the average guy with average problems. The liberals can't believe that a guy making a modest living feels that nobody (including the wealthy) should be penalized for their success. :eek: That this guy wants to work hard and acheive success on his own, not from a handout. :eek: Obama and his cult members have gone way too far by attacking an individual voter...you know, the very people he claims to be fighting for.

Obama reminds me of The Manchurian Candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I have a relative, very bright person, who has been driving me crazy. He supports Obama. I think this redistribute wealth thing has gotten to him. Now I heard he's wavering.

Joe the Plumber ought to have a cabinet post to bring some common sense to their cabinet meetings. Yay Joe!
    Secretary of Plumbing? We haven't had White House plumbers since the Nixon crew. :D
    Actually, he may run for congress, now that he's been vetted by the media and all that they could find was a tax lien.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!