Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I love Malkin, she's my kind of woman. :o

Quote Originally Posted by PeterF73 View Post
    Hey everyone-

When I saw the invite from movie buff I had to join.

Nice call on the tombstoning. But it wasn't then end of the week it was about 45 minutes after I made that first post! Interestingly they didn't ban me, they just revoked my posting priviledges, nice huh? So I can still log in but can only read posts. By doing so it looks as though I just slunk off.

After "The Magistrate", a moderator I believe, stuck his head in the thread is when I lost the right to post. How cowardly, dropping bait in front of me then denying me the ability to respond. I guess you can always win an argument by just silencing your opposition.

I didn't insult or attack anyone, I used civilized language with absolutely no swearing, my greatest crime was not agreeing with everyone else, and for that I was tombstoned. I recieved no warning, no PM, not even an e-mail with an explanation as to why my rights had been revoked.

So I made another account and wrote a reply, when I hit the post button that account had its priviledges revoked as well, before I ever even posted!! At that point I made a third account, guess what, same thing. They were apparently watching my IP address is my best guess. So I gave up, they were so scared about what I had to say that they simply denied me any ability to express a different thought.

Attention lurking DU'ers, this is how your benevolent leaders run the show over there. Either agree with them or you are gone.
    Welcome aboard Peter :D

We here on CU believe in the indivual and free speech.

I'm guessing right about now someone over at Du is skreeching about you posting here, and all. :eek::eek::eek:
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterF73 View Post
    Hey everyone-

When I saw the invite from movie buff I had to join.

Nice call on the tombstoning. But it wasn't then end of the week it was about 45 minutes after I made that first post! Interestingly they didn't ban me, they just revoked my posting priviledges, nice huh? So I can still log in but can only read posts. By doing so it looks as though I just slunk off.

After "The Magistrate", a moderator I believe, stuck his head in the thread is when I lost the right to post. How cowardly, dropping bait in front of me then denying me the ability to respond. I guess you can always win an argument by just silencing your opposition.

I didn't insult or attack anyone, I used civilized language with absolutely no swearing, my greatest crime was not agreeing with everyone else, and for that I was tombstoned. I recieved no warning, no PM, not even an e-mail with an explanation as to why my rights had been revoked.

So I made another account and wrote a reply, when I hit the post button that account had its priviledges revoked as well, before I ever even posted!! At that point I made a third account, guess what, same thing. They were apparently watching my IP address is my best guess. So I gave up, they were so scared about what I had to say that they simply denied me any ability to express a different thought.

Attention lurking DU'ers, this is how your benevolent leaders run the show over there. Either agree with them or you are gone.
    Outstanding job over there!

Your IP will be tracked for some time at the DUmp, so don't even bother registering any more accounts. They will accept Yahoo and Hotmail (my DU account is one of those), but you have to wait longer for posting privileges. If you really want to register again go to the library and do it there, make innocuous posts until you get full privileges. But, don't ever expect to get away with making sense. Unless you're in total lockstep and agree with everything the "star" DUmmies post you'll be banned.

Welcome to CU. I'm a Noob myself.

Glad to see you took my advice, Peter, welcome to CU!
    Hopefully, we'll all be having some good talks here in the future.