1. #1 Abortion Ship - Wonder if they have slot machines too? ;) 
    Banned
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-Spain.html

The boat is due to anchor off the Mediterranean port of Valencia, the Dutch non-profit organization Women on Waves said on its web site.

From Friday, it will offer abortions on the ship in international waters under the Netherlands' more liberal abortion laws.

This "symbolic initiative" will allow "abortions outside Spanish law for the first time in Spain's recent history, but without violating it," said Spanish gynaecologist Josep Lluis Carbonell, one of the promoters.
    Hmmm.... some enterprising entrepreneurs here might catch wind of this... the pro-life crowd might suddenly have some new allies from the offshore gambling industry, perhaps looking to expand their business ;)

But seriously, this is an interesting possibility I never thought of before... just one more example why overturning RvW would be futile... that is unless what really care about what the law books say.. not about what actually happens in the real world.

There will always be abortion; but it doesn't have to be cheap, easy, and condoned.

These ships have been around for a while now. Really, it is simply symbolic. Any Spanish woman can essentially take a short bus or train ride to an abortionist and be back in time for tapas.

Isn't it usually called an act of war when a foreign ship enters your waters with the intent to kill the most defenseless of your citizens?
    “When the doctor is out, I’m in.”

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    just one more example why overturning RvW would be futile
    Hey, wanna hear something funny?

OVERTURNING RvW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BANNING ABORTION YOU MOTHERF*CKING MORON.

Real Constitutionalists want Roe vs. wade overturned because it is a violation of our F*CKING CONSTITUTION. The Federal Government once again overstepped their bounds and took something that was a States issue and ruled on it. It's complete bull$hit.

PS. I'm pro-choice (excluding partial-birth abortion and Government subsidies for any abortion), so don't say I'm just some Christian Right Wing nut trying to outlaw abortions. What a woman does with her body is none of my or the Government's business.
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 10-20-2008 at 03:10 AM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Isn't it usually called an act of war when a foreign ship enters your waters with the intent to kill the most defenseless of your citizens?
    I haven't heard that it's been fired upon.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken