Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Glenn Beck joins Fox News 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Not surprised at all! :D

Drudge teased this earlier, and Fox News has announced that conservative radio and television host Glenn Beck is joining the network, leaving behind CNN's Headline News. Beck will host a show at 5 p.m. on Fox beginning in the spring (Full release after the jump).
    Congrats to Glenn.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Congratulations Glenn, can't wait to watch your new show buddy.:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Even though he has CNN's highest rated show, I am sure they are glad to rid themselves of him. The whole cut off your nose to spite your face thing.

Beck had a great article yesterday:

Glenn Beck: What are the Odds?

GLENN: What are the odds? What are the odds that in North Kansas City a couple would get a -- would get their credit card bill back... and they would find -- they are McCain supporters, and they would find on their credit card bill a $2300 donation to Barack Obama's presidential campaign? What could this guy -- you know what? I have to tell you something. I've had a "Come to Jesus" moment on Barack Obama and there's two ways to really look at this. There's this guy is surrounded by some of the most evil people you could possibly imagine. The signs are everywhere. I mean, it's one thing after another after another after another, and you could start to say, "Wait a minute, I'm not buying any of these excuses," or, or you could say, "Well, he's just the most unlucky guy ever." Now, I used to be at the "I don't think I buy any of these excuses." But you know what? After seeing that last credit card thing with the ACORN and you're like, "Okay, now somebody is stealing credit cards and making donations to the Obama campaign." You could say, you know what, everybody who's nefarious seems to be involved in helping this guy get elected. But that's just -- you know what it is. Luck. Because hard work, you don't -- look. The one thing I've learned is you don't really control your own destiny. People are going to do everything they can to keep you down. You don't trust -- you don't -- you won't be able to make it and that's what's happening to Barack. He's just trying to make it. He's just trying -- and think of the odds that he is overcoming. Think of the horrible -- look, you think you had it bad? You have no idea what life is like if you're Barack Obama. I know he's ahead in the polls and everything and I know he's probably going to do an unbelievable job at winning this November, but it's way closer than it should be. Why is that? Policies? No. He's hopeful, he's changish. Bad luck.

(snip)
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Glenn Beck knows the economy well and has been right, not sure about some of his other positions but the economy is an important one.

I didn’t think Fox’s IQ average could drop anymore. I was mistaken.

The smart money says it’s a good move financially though, especially in light of the fact that Obama stands a good chance of taking the White House. The screaming idiot will make the Evangelicals feel better about the stone they’ll have to carry for 96 months. Damn, that’s a long time. :eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Even though he has CNN's highest rated show, I am sure they are glad to rid themselves of him. The whole cut off your nose to spite your face thing.
    Glenn Beck does not have the highest rated show on CNN. The Larry King Show is the highest rated show on CNN followed by Lou Dobbs Tonight in second position.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Glenn Beck isn't on CNN but the sister network Headline News. He is second only to the annoying Nancy Grace.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Glenn Beck isn't on CNN but the sister network Headline News. He is second only to the annoying Nancy Grace.

I can't stand Nancy Grace, either. I think the way she covers cases is bad for our justice system. She judges people guilty before the courts do, which taints potential jurors. Her show didn't exist during OJ's trial for killing his ex and Ron Goldman, but I think the media covered that in a similar manner and that the coverage contributed to his aquittal (I blame Ito, the attention-seeker, too).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I can't stand Nancy Grace, either. I think the way she covers cases is bad for our justice system. She judges people guilty before the courts do, which taints potential jurors. Her show didn't exist during OJ's trial for killing his ex and Ron Goldman, but I think the media covered that in a similar manner and that the coverage contributed to his aquittal (I blame Ito, the attention-seeker, too).
    I don't watch CNN HNN much, but aren't there only two prime time, hour format shows on -- Grace and Beck? If so, finishing second out of two isn't much of a recommendation.