Thread: Voter Question, For or against this Admendment ???

1. #1 Voter Question, For or against this Admendment ??? 
    Here is a question that will be on my Ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by MDBallot
    Question 1 - Constitutional Amendment

(Chapter 513, Acts of 2007)

Early Voting; Polling Places; Absentee Ballots

Authorizes the General Assembly to enact legislation to allow qualified voters to vote at polling places inside or outside of their election districts or wards and to vote up to two weeks before an election. This amendment also authorizes the General Assembly to enact legislation to allow absentee voting by qualified voters who choose to vote by absentee ballot, in addition to voters who are absent at the time of the election or who are unable to vote personally.

(Amends Article I, 1 and 3 of the Maryland Constitution)

[ ] For the Constitutional Amendment
    [ ] Against the Constitutional Amendmen
    What the heck does it mean??

All I can think of is ACORN. So I'm thinking I'll vote no on it.

______
    Patrick
    4jacks
    4jacks@gmail.com

ACORN would certainly be for it but that doesn't mean you have to necessarily be against it.

It looks like it just means that you can request a mail-in ballot without going through a lot of hoops and that some polling places will be open for early voting to cut down on the crush on Election Day. Now the vote-anywhere-you-want part might problematic depending on how you track eligible voters.

In Colorado, we've had the first two options for years and nothing bad has happened.

Personally, I'm against early voting. I understand circumstances (like military or working overseas), but this early voting just because you don't want to go on election day is bullshit. Vote on election day like everyone else or don't vote.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Personally, I'm against early voting. I understand circumstances (like military or working overseas), but this early voting just because you don't want to go on election day is bullshit. Vote on election day like everyone else or don't vote.
    We should be tightening up on the voting laws and making it more difficult to commit fraud.The liberals/progressives want it easier to commit fraud and even want to prohibit voter ID checking.The progressives know that they are in a minority in America and have to commit fraud to win an national election .

Banned
    With proper ID checks in place, I would have no problem with that law. Many of us work in places far from our official polling place and our employer allows a brief time away to cast our vote with pay even, if we are quick about it. This would make it possible for those of us who work late to vote at polling places near our place of employment.

We have early voting without question here. I usually do vote early because I work at the polls and am busy.

We do require photo ID and have NO PROBLEMS.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    We have early voting without question here. I usually do vote early because I work at the polls and am busy.

We do require photo ID and have NO PROBLEMS.
    That would fall under "circumstances". I don't have a problem with that.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Does Anyone know if Maryland will be requiring Photo ID for this admendment? I'd feel better about it if it said so. But it doesn't.

I personally don't have problems getting to the polls. So I'm definitely leaning against this. I kinda agree with Rebel Yell. Everyone should make a decent effort to get to the polls on election day. It's kinda like Jury Duty, it's a small price to pay for being able to live in America and have voting and have trials by our peers.

______
    Patrick
    4jacks
    4jacks@gmail.com