Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Liking kale is unnatural and against God's plan for the universe!

BTW, how did you do with the activists blocking 395 yesterday and the 14th street bridge today? (I imagine they haven't blocked 50 or Little River Turnpike, yet.)
    I heard there was some activity, but my commute does not go in that direction.

BTW, kale is great in lasagna; I avoid pasta carbs these days, so I layer eggplant slices with kale, meat sauce, and ricotta. Without the kale, it's too wet, so it acts as an "absorbent" and is like spinach once it's cooked down.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

BTW, kale is great in lasagna; I avoid pasta carbs these days, so I layer eggplant slices with kale, meat sauce, and ricotta. Without the kale, it's too wet, so it acts as an "absorbent" and is like spinach once it's cooked down.
    I've never eaten kale, fresh or cooked. What does it taste like.

I do not like cooked spinach, yet I like a spinach salad.
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Power CUer
    I called my friend in DC. Apparently, the protestors waited until after rush hour to block the 14th street bridge. Didn't want to block the Congressional aids trying to get to work, I guess.

OMG! Blasphemy!

To pollute a sacred meal like lasagne with........kale!

"There's no Kale! Let them eat pie"
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Moochelle Antoinette Obama thinks kale is for the peons, not royalty like herself. It's been rumored that her Secret Service detail heard her say "Let them eat kale".

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We had a chocolate "bumpy" cake from Sanders. Anyone from Detroit knows how that rocks so much more than any kind of pie. It was my contribution, as I didn't have time to make a spinach pie, which is not really a pie.

It's a chocolate cake, with chocolate fudge frosting, and a layer of white creamy frosting in between (that's what the "bumps" are).
    That sounds great!

Sounds good. I remember when Kale was simply an inedible garnish for salad bars, party trays. Some salad bars were even using synthetic rubber like kale to make the salad bar look pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    I've never eaten kale, fresh or cooked. What does it taste like.

I do not like cooked spinach, yet I like a spinach salad.
    It's sort of a bitter taste. It's not bad to break it up in small pieces and put some in a tossed salad. It's actually good if you break it into pieces and put it on a baking sheet. I usually spray olive oil on the pan, then toss in the kale, spray with a bit more oiive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and sometimes parmesan cheese. I bake it in a 400 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes. It actually tastes very crispy and good, but don't make too much at a time. It tends to get soggy quickly. They're sort of a healthy version of potato chips. Even SR will eat it. Haven't made it for a while. He likes real potato chips better.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I did grow some arugula this year, it's good in small amounts to season a salad, it is also freeze proof and is still growing
    http://www.fullcircle.com/goodfoodli...-more-arugula/
    Sent from the barnyard using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 12-06-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

But kale and its cousins in the cabbage family can interact with thyroid function if they are eaten in very high amounts.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/ka...on-and-cooking