Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 Ted Stevens found guilty in corruption case 
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Ted Stevens found guilty in corruption case

    28 minutes ago

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has been convicted of lying about free home renovations and other gifts he received from a wealthy oil contractor.

    The Senate's longest-serving Republican, Stevens was found guilty on all seven counts of making false statements on Senate financial documents.

    The verdict throws the upcoming election into disarray. Stevens is fighting off a challenge from Democrat Mark Begich and must now either drop out or continue campaigning as a convicted felon.

    ...

    -------

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...MtzTwD9431U6O0

    One seat closer to 60 in the Senate.
    Last edited by bijou; 10-27-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: To comply with Breaking News rules
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Ted Stevens found guilty in corruption case

    28 minutes ago

    WASHINGTON (AP) — ...............

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...MtzTwD9431U6O0

    One seat closer to 60 in the Senate.
    Would be closer to 50/50 if the criminals were prosecuted on the DIM side. Of course this is more proof that we on the Conservative side do take out the garbage. We don't celebrate and defend wrongdoing like LIBERALS tend to do.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Are you saying it's a bad thing for Democrats because we are not being charged with corruption?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Are you saying it's a bad thing for Democrats because we are not being charged with corruption?
    You are being charged. The difference is your party doesn't care about it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Are you saying it's a bad thing for Democrats because we are not being charged with corruption?
    No, it is a good thing for DIMS if power is the goal. If morals and honesty are important, and pellosi and Reid assert they are, then it is bad for your party if the American public ever figures that out.

    When DIMs are charged, it is treated as No Big Deal/ We should be concerned with Issues/ Private life doesn't matter.

    When Republicans are charged, suddenly everything is meaningful and scrutinized. You either know this or you are being deliberately naive. Willful ignorance is its own special class of stupidity.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    No, it is a good thing for DIMS if power is the goal. If morals and honesty are important, and pellosi and Reid assert they are, then it is bad for your party if the American public ever figures that out.

    When DIMs are charged, it is treated as No Big Deal/ We should be concerned with Issues/ Private life doesn't matter.

    When Republicans are charged, suddenly everything is meaningful and scrutinized. You either know this or you are being deliberately naive. Willful ignorance is its own special class of stupidity.
    In addition, when a Democrat is caught, charged and convicted, it's considered "an isolated case" despite how often it happens. When a Republican is caught, charged and convicted, it's proof of "a culture of corruption" among all Republicans even though no one can remember the last time it happened.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •