Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    It was not the Democrats who turned him into a national figure. Personally, I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber and his bullshit story.
    Yeah, I can understand why a lazy little turd like you would hate a hard working American.

It was not the Democrats who turned him into a national figure. Personally, I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber and his bullshit story.
    ****DIM/LIB Mode*****:
    We need CHANGE. The American people need CHANGE! Normal hardworking American people are STRUGGLING! These people cannot stand another 4 years of Bush policies. We care SOOOOOOO much for the little people and the Repubs have been hurting you poor people for years. We DIMS/LIBS LOOOOOVE you! Except when you say something we don't like. ****** Mode Off*****
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Eyelids
    AmPat, you're really stupid.

Sonnabend
    Pot, this is kettle, do you read me, over.

Compaired to you Blinky, AmPat's a rocket scientist.

See, case closed. I said something you didn't like and presto bamo, you call me stupid. I'm so stupid that I depend on nobody. You are a wet behind the ears, nosewipe. When you establish some bonafides of your own, you can have an opinion. Until then kindly shut up.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sonnabend
    Liberal tactic: "you're stupid."

Our tactic: facts.

There's nothing wrong with welfare as long as the recipient is working to get a job. I support McCain's ideas of training people. Between this and the fact that his healthcare plan only benefits the middle class and the rich, I honestly am wondering if he doesn't have contempt for the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    There's nothing wrong with welfare as long as the recipient is working to get a job. I support McCain's ideas of training people. Between this and the fact that his healthcare plan only benefits the middle class and the rich, I honestly am wondering if he doesn't have contempt for the poor.
    I'd say that to find real contempt for the poor, you have to go to the Democrats, who want to keep them in perpetual thrall to social services instead of making them self-sufficient. McCain's healthcare plan benefits people who work for a living, which, as you pointed out, are the rich and the middle class, but also includes the working poor, who will be more likely to be able to afford insurance as the costs drop.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Without the poor to draw from, the favorite pass-time of every Republican administration, military intervention in minor foreign countries, wouldn’t be possible. That is how Republicans put the poor to work.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)