Thread: Phew!

1. #1 Phew! 
    althecat (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-17-08 05:31 PM
    Original message
    Greg Palast & RFK Jnr. - Rolling Stone Investigation: It’s Already Stolen
    Advertisements [?]http://usacoup.scoop.co.nz /

From: http://usacoup.scoop.co.nz/?p=779 & http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0810/S00265.htm

Recommends.....

ROLLING STONE: IT'S ALREADY STOLEN

Investigation by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast released today

Don’t worry about Mickey Mouse or ACORN stealing the election. According to an investigative report out today in Rolling Stone magazine, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast, after a year-long investigation, reveal a systematic program of "GOP vote tampering" on a massive scale.

- Republican Secretaries of State of swing-state Colorado have quietly purged one in six names from their voter rolls.

Over several months, the GOP politicos in Colorado stonewalled every attempt by Rolling Stone to get an answer to the massive purge - ten times the average state's rate of removal.

- While Obama dreams of riding to the White House on a wave of new voters, more then 2.7 million have had their registrations REJECTED under new procedures signed into law by George Bush.

Kennedy, a voting rights lawyer, charges this is a resurgence of 'Jim Crow' tactics to wrongly block Black and Hispanic voters.

- A fired US prosecutor levels new charges - accusing leaders of his own party, Republicans, with criminal acts in an attempt to block legal voters as "fraudulent."

- Digging through government records, the Kennedy-Palast team discovered that, in 2004, a GOP scheme called "caging” ultimately took away the rights of 1.1 million voters. The Rolling Stone duo predict that, this November 4, it will be far worse.

There's more:

- Since the last presidential race, "States used dubious 'list management' rules to scrub at least 10 million voters from their rolls."

Among those was Paul Maez of Las Vegas, New Mexico - a victim of an unreported but devastating purge of voters in that state that left as many as one in nine Democrats without a vote. For Maez, the state's purging his registration was particularly shocking - he's the county elections supervisor.

The Kennedy-Palast revelations go far beyond the sum of questionably purged voters recently reported by the New York Times.

"Republican operatives - the party's elite commandos of bare-knuckle politics," report Kennedy and Palast, under the cover of fighting fraudulent voting, are "systematically disenfranchis Democrats."

The investigators level a deadly serious charge:

"If Democrats are to win the 2008 election, they must not simply beat McCain at the polls - they must beat him by a margin that exceeds the level of GOP vote tampering."

Block the Vote by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. & Greg Palast in the current issue (#1064) of Rolling Stone. Media enquiries - Dave Falkenstein, Sunshine Sachs & Assoc, via interviews@gregpalast.com .

Note - Kennedy and Palast are releasing, simultaneously with the Rolling Stone investigative report what they call, the vote-theft 'antidote': a 24-page full-color comic book, Steal Back Your Vote, which can be downloaded or obtained in print from their non-partisan website, StealBackYourVote.org

For updates and video reports, go to www.rollingstone.com/issue1064 |RollingStone.com, www.GregPalast.com and StealBackYourVote.org.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7497055

Well, is certainly is good to know that McCain's already won. :D

"from their non-partisan website" - ROFLMAO

Sonnabend
    ..and yet not one charge, not one skerrick of proof, not one document, not one suit filed with any judge anywhere.

Over several months, the GOP politicos in Colorado stonewalled every attempt by Rolling Stone to get an answer to the massive purge - ten times the average state's rate of removal.
    Documents please.

- A fired US prosecutor levels new charges - accusing leaders of his own party, Republicans, with criminal acts in an attempt to block legal voters as "fraudulent."
    ..and his name is...?

Note - Kennedy and Palast are releasing, simultaneously with the Rolling Stone investigative report what they call, the vote-theft 'antidote': a 24-page full-color comic book, Steal Back Your Vote, which can be downloaded or obtained in print from their non-partisan website, StealBackYourVote.org
    Send it to the FBI..I am sure they will give it a full hearing and launch an appropriate investigation.

Oh it's just another case of the liberal" if I scream loud enough about the other guy, no one will look at what I am doing".

What the heck is a "skerrick"?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    See...we don't even need DieBold. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Just don't leak the plans The Magnificent Bastard has in store. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    We don't need no proof either.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Man alive, I hate Rolling Stone.
    They've long since gone from being a somewhat respected entertainment magazine to being a brainless, hate mongering Democrat propaganda rag for stoned twentysomethings who are too baked to put their Birkenstock sandals on the right feet.
    I remember their issue some months ago that had as its cover a picture of Obama radiating a divine light, like he was a god or something.
    Then, in a recent issue, they claimed it was a good thing that Palin's email was hacked.
    They published a fawning article about a teenager who supervised the shipment of tons of dope across a few states, and another article written by an Iraqi insurgent in which they just barely fall short of calling him a "Freedom fighter," yet do you think they'd ever run an article by a minister talking about why he believes abortion is wrong?
    Plus, their magazine is hypocritical as hell. They regularly whine and scream about the evils of capitalism and corporate greed, yet many issues of their miserable rag contain as many as 13 pages of full- page advertisements before even reaching the Table of Contents! It's like they're saying, "The real problem with America is capitalism. All those horrible, evil, greedy corporations care about is making money, and the dumb, sheeplike Americans go along with it and support them! Oh, and by the way, you should all wear Skechers shoes, drive Toyota cars, and also buy all the movies and music that we endorse!"

Quote Originally Posted by blueyonder View Post
    Oh it's just another case of the liberal" if I scream loud enough about the other guy, no one will look at what I am doing".
    Liberals know that the best defense is a good offense. By claiming that Republicans are involved in voter fraud, they can try for moral equivalence when they get caught, or spend the next four years decrying a "stolen" election as their excuse for doing everything in their power to undermine the policies of legitimately elected officials. That's why the last eight years were so toxic, because liberals spent every waking minute delegitimizing the Bush administration, without any consideration of what damage they were doing to the institution of the presidency and the government as a whole. When Fidel Castro "wins" an election with 99% of the vote and then makes wisecracks about the validity of our electoral process, you know that the damage runs deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Man alive, I hate Rolling Stone.
    They've long since gone from being a somewhat respected entertainment magazine to being a brainless, hate mongering Democrat propaganda rag for stoned twentysomethings who are too baked to put their Birkenstock sandals on the right feet.
    I remember their issue some months ago that had as its cover a picture of Obama radiating a divine light, like he was a god or something.
    Then, in a recent issue, they claimed it was a good thing that Palin's email was hacked.
    They published a fawning article about a teenager who supervised the shipment of tons of dope across a few states, and another article written by an Iraqi insurgent in which they just barely fall short of calling him a "Freedom fighter," yet do you think they'd ever run an article by a minister talking about why he believes abortion is wrong?
    Of course not. Abortion is just a choice to them. Mind you, if you choose life, you get the Sarah Palin treatment.

There are a whole bunch of publications that I can no longer stomach. My wife likes to buy the occasional issue of Vanity Fair, but I find it intolerable for the same reasons as you find Rolling Stone despicable. The only difference is that Conde Nast appeals to a more snobbish group of lefties than Rolling Stone does. Think pretentious old money vs. baby boomers. There are profiles of people who I could care less about, interspersed with cheesecake shots of various actresses and guides to various "hot" items, all of which feature the obligatory slams at anything to the right of Lenin. It's basically Maxim for lefty snobs. I gave up on the NY Times during the Dinkins administration (their coverage of the Crown Heights riot omitted a lot of critical details about the rioters, while the Post and Daily News had no trouble reporting the conduct of the mob), and I quit buying Playboy several years back. The Playboy interview has become a repetitive bore, with liberals getting softball questions and conservatives being badgered by the interviewer, and the articles have become so shrill and biased that it's impossible to read it. Frankly, I don't want to have to wade through that much hateful invective just to look at a heavily airbrushed nude that looks indistinguishable from the previous month's floozy.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Plus, their magazine is hypocritical as hell. They regularly whine and scream about the evils of capitalism and corporate greed, yet many issues of their miserable rag contain as many as 13 pages of full- page advertisements before even reaching the Table of Contents! It's like they're saying, "The real problem with America is capitalism. All those horrible, evil, greedy corporations care about is making money, and the dumb, sheeplike Americans go along with it and support them! Oh, and by the way, you should all wear Skechers shoes, drive Toyota cars, and also buy all the movies and music that we endorse!"
    You nailed it. I love how liberals hate corporate capitalism except for their kinds of corporations. Is there anything more rapacious and crooked than a movie studio or a record company? And why is it that a corporate CEO making much more than his janitors enrages them, but a spoiled movie star or director who makes an order of magnitude more than the crew (whose skills are actually far more critical to a production) doesn't bother them at all? Golden parachutes infuriate the left, but when a movie loses millions, I don't see them demanding to know why the director or star got millions up front to create a dog that sucked from the get-go.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!