1. #1 Campaign releases Cindy McCain's tax returns 
    link

What a bunch of ignorant people. I guess those that aren't ignorant are just liers and jerks.
    LeighAnn (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-17-08 07:35 PM
    Original message
    Campaign releases Cindy McCain's tax returns
    Advertisements [?]Source: NBC News

The McCain campaign released Cindy McCain's tax returns late Friday afternoon, and the numbers might make Joe the Plumber blush. The beer-company executive reported income last year of nearly $4.2 million, and more than $6 million in 2006.

The campaign released four pages of returns for 2006 and 2007--and none of the other forms and schedules that generally accompany complex tax returns--after 6pm EST. It's become a tired Washington ritual for politicians to deliver potentially embarassing news just before the weekend, when coverage typically slows. This campaign season, both the Obama and McCain campaigns have dumped documents on news organizations late on Fridays.

The tax returns show Cindy McCain paid taxes of $1.1 million last year and received a refund of $954,112 (for overpaying.) In 2006, the potential first lady paid $1.7 million in taxes and got a refund of nearly $300,000.

In a press release, the McCain campaign said: "Mrs. McCain had received an extension to file her 2007 tax returns because she had not received all information necessary to complete the returns. Senator and Mrs. McCain have filed separate tax returns throughout their marriage, because Mrs. McCain is an owner of a family business. Sen. McCain's tax returns were made public earlier this year."

Read more: http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/17/...
    So they figure that she paid taxes of 1.1 million and she recieved a refund of 954,112 for over paying means

means she paid a tax of 145,888

NO. She paid a tax of 1.1 million. Because she paid in 2,092,301 she recieved a refund of 954,112

Considering her taxable income was 3,667,096 that's about 30%.

But the DUmmies think it's only 5%, and if there are those who know better they aren't saying.
    chimpsrsmarter (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-17-08 07:45 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. just a heads up, when you go to McCain's site and click on 2006 page 1 the scan
    was huge, it's not tons of pages it just opens really big.
    faygokid (1000+ posts) Fri Oct-17-08 07:58 PM
    3. $4.2 million? Wow, according to John, she's not rich. Takes $5 million, remember?
    Good ol' middle class, barely making ends meet Cindy.
    angryvoter (14 posts) Fri Oct-17-08 08:05 PM
    4. TAXES!!!!!!
    Has anyone noticed that her returns stated that she is due over 950,000 tax refund? Well I find it interesting that she is only paying approx. 5% taxes or less. Now I dont know about you but I dont make that kind of money and I pay 10%. I also noticed that she made more in 2006 and paid less????????????HMMMMMMMMMMMM Maybe this is what Obama is talking about huH?
    She paid about the same percentage on 1996.

I just can't see getting so bent out of shape because someone has more money than you do. Has anyone ever done a study on to what degree individuals are jealous about someone making/having more money than they do, and then seeing how that works out in terms of political affiliation? Or maybe it's just the far left who you could consistantly do that with.

Heck, if I had that kind of money I could afford to turn myself in a panther.