Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 No Girls Allowed - Palin snubbed by Bush administration 
    http://edgeoforever.wordpress.com/20...girls-allowed/

Just as Hillary had the roll call rules re-written, just for her, so does Sarah Palin get “special treatment”

AP reported gleefuly:

"John McCain got a call from Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was on the phone to Barack Obama, and to his Democratic running mate, Joe Biden. Nobody called Sarah Palin."

Funny, Laura Bush used to say “W” is for Woman” I guess not “that woman” again.

Insisting it was not a snub, the excuse was

"Asked why Palin didn’t warrant a briefing, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters: “If you hadn’t noticed, she’s a governor, not a senator or congressman.”

Geez, I am old enough to remember the days when the saying was Governors not senators become presidents.

Twists the knife AP:

"Presumably Palin is an important political figure too. And, like Biden, she has a son currently serving in Iraq who would be directly affected by the so-called Status of Forces, or SOFA, agreement."

And suddenly, this acronym became familiar. We find this interesting detail from the article

"The administration had wanted a deal by August, but talks bogged down over questions of Iraqi sovereignty and U.S. insistence of broad legal protections for soldiers and contractors."

Bogged down, huh? Could that be that “Iraqgate” the Bushies covered so fast for Obama?

Was it really Iraqis or Obama that bogged down the deal?

I wouldn’t know, I am a girl.

Trying to hijack the message of my thread, LP?

Patent Member
    The allegation of sexism would have been a lot stronger if it weren't for this part:
    "Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was on the phone to Barack Obama"

She didn't get a call because the administration is looking for Congressional support. I don't think there's any sexism in the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    The allegation of sexism would have been a lot stronger if it weren't for this part:
    "Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was on the phone to Barack Obama"

She didn't get a call because the administration is looking for Congressional support. I don't think there's any sexism in the decision.
    Question: What is America's first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States?

Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Question: What is the ONLY National Guard unit on permanent active duty?

Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard

Question: Who is Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard?

Answer: Governor Sarah Palin

Question: What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?

Question: What U.S. governor has a higher classified security rating than either candidate of the Democrat Party?

According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.

Sarah was more than likely already in the loop just at a higher level of need to know clearance.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Sonnabend
    Trying to hijack the message of my thread, LP?
    Not anymore :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Not anymore :D
    My hero!

:::fluttering eyelashes here::::D

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Question: What is America's first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States?

Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Question: What is the ONLY National Guard unit on permanent active duty?

Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard

Question: Who is Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard?

Question: What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?

Question: What U.S. governor has a higher classified security rating than either candidate of the Democrat Party?

According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.

Sarah was more than likely already in the loop just at a higher level of need to know clearance.

This is excellent. Of all people who should have been included in the loop, Palin should have been.

Sonnabend
    :::fluttering eyelashes here::::D
    *BLUSH* :)

McCain, Obama, and hillary have a level of national security clearance that is above Palin's pay grade as governor. I'm not shocked or offended at all by this.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I suspect that the 'Ivy Elite Ruling Class', regardless of party affiliation, feels threatened by Sarah because she is a 'commoner' achieving a lofty position. Next thing you know we, the Common American Wage Earner, will be getting uppity and start thinking we have what it takes to govern ourselves.

Especially since it has become painfully obvious that the washington suited blood sucking leaches and control freaks greed, corruption and incompetence may no longer be tolerated.