Thread: Obama Backed By Colin Powell

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Wrong because David Corn is a liberal journalist and co-authored this book. Try again. You missed Sherlock.
    Calling Corn a liberal is like calling Lenin a moderate. Corn is about as far left as you can get in journalism, and that's saying a lot.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, and will you be this skeptical when Powell is appointed to a cabinet post by Obama and we argue that a deal was done?
    Oh, you missed 'Meet the Press' last Sunday? :p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Oh, you missed 'Meet the Press' last Sunday? :p
    And pretty much every Sunday before that.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    He did, however, mention quite a bit about why he felt uneasy towards McCain.... not the least of which was his judgment in picking a running mate.
    I still think that arguement is retarded....Palin is green but she's a much better pick then Biden. Biden's the dumbest man in the US Senate without question, yet the msm questions mccain for his age all the time....Biden sounds like he's senile with all his gaffes.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I still think that arguement is retarded....Palin is green but she's a much better pick then Biden. Biden's the dumbest man in the US Senate without question, yet the msm questions mccain for his age all the time....Biden sounds like he's senile with all his gaffes.
    That's typical. Al Gore made some gaffes that would have gotten him crucified by the media if he'd been a Republican. Similarly, Biden is a walking gaffe machine, and yet the media attacks Palin's intelligence because Katie Couric ambushed her. It's such an obvious double standard that I'm amazed that anyone takes the media seriously.
    --Odysseus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That's typical. Al Gore made some gaffes that would have gotten him crucified by the media if he'd been a Republican. Similarly, Biden is a walking gaffe machine, and yet the media attacks Palin's intelligence because Katie Couric ambushed her. It's such an obvious double standard that I'm amazed that anyone takes the media seriously.
    I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Couric "ambushed her." Shouldn't she know about (or have at least anticipated and therefore had an answer) to actually very neutral questions regarding the economy and supreme court. I know people here talk about Couric's body language, etc., but the actual questions were fair and should have been ancipated and were simply answered horribly.

See I'm confused because I just recently saw the interview with Katie Couric and it didn't appear to be "brutal". Katie was ice cold throughout the whole thing, whereas she was an entirely different person to Biden and I still feel Palin didn't bomb. It certainly wasn't a great interview, but not terrible.

BTW, did you see the interview with Charlie Gibson? She ate his lunch, and Gibson was a pretentous prick the whole time.

And Obama is such a hack. The whole focus has been smashing on Palin since she was announced, she's not running for f*cking president, McCain is. Nobody at all picks on Biden and the guy is a pathalogical liar who gets caught all the time! He lied about his school, he said he was almost shot at, his helocopter was "forced" down because of Al Qaeda (really a snowstorm)......there's a field day of material on Biden to talk about. Yet we're still hearing about Palin's knocked up daughter....
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke