Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Probably significantly less than refering to blacks as "black beauties," "black asses," and "magic negroes." But, we don't want facts to get in the way, do we?
    I guess you don't. :D

Just out of curiousity, when did you use these other phrases?
    Last edited by MrsSmith; 10-19-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    You obviously don't know how easy it is to receive a government security clearance. As long as you haven't killed anyone, you're pretty much guaranteed a TS clearance if your position so requires it.

Hell, even I have an inactive Top Secret-SCI and an active Secret.
    "Inactive" being the operative word here. Active Secret, wow, I'm soooooo impressed. Means they don't tell you jackshit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I guess you don't. :D

Just out of curiousity, when did you use these other phrases?
    Sorry, I didn't. These are all phrases used repeatedly by our colleague, lacurnut. In addition to his usual vocabulary of vulgarity, he has the tendency to inject racist phrases as well. However, should you call him one it, he will tell you some of his best friends are black.

BTW, thank you for the setup, however unintentional. :D

Magic Negro did not originate with lacarnut or Rush Limbaugh

Obama the 'Magic Negro'
    The Illinois senator lends himself to white America's idealized, less-than-real black man.

AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters — musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the "Magic Negro."
    The Magic Negro is a figure of postmodern folk culture, coined by snarky 20th century sociologists, to explain a cultural figure who emerged in the wake of Brown vs. Board of Education. "He has no past, he simply appears one day to help the white protagonist," reads the description on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro .

snip
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Wow. 11 pages on this non-issue.

Wake me in ten minutes when it's yesterdays news.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Obama the 'Magic Negro'
    The Illinois senator lends himself to white America's idealized, less-than-real black man.

AS EVERY CARBON-BASED life form on this planet surely knows, Barack Obama, the junior Democratic senator from Illinois, is running for president. Since making his announcement, there has been no end of commentary about him in all quarters — musing over his charisma and the prospect he offers of being the first African American to be elected to the White House.

But it's clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the "Magic Negro."
    The Magic Negro is a figure of postmodern folk culture, coined by snarky 20th century sociologists, to explain a cultural figure who emerged in the wake of Brown vs. Board of Education. "He has no past, he simply appears one day to help the white protagonist," reads the description on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro .

snip
    I understand that, but you fail to (1) recognize the tone in which lacarnut uses it and (2) address his constant use of "black beauties" to describe blacks in general and his use of "your black ass" to address Eyelids in specific.

He's also desparate for the "Bradley Effect" to kick in so that McCain can somehow win PA and NJ (:eek: Riiiight! :D). He's as racist as they come and it's apparent for all to see here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Wow. 11 pages on this non-issue.

Wake me in ten minutes when it's yesterdays news.
    But, but, but... the Gunners won yesterday, so it's a good weekend. :D

I also "don't fail" to see how condescending you are to almost everyone here on CU.

Don't you realize how obnoxious you seem?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    I also "don't fail" to see how condescending you are to almost everyone here on CU.

Don't you realize how obnoxious you seem?
    God, YOU can say that with a straight face? What a joke.

However, you didn't contradict what I said about lacarnut, did you? Because you can't.

Banned

Obama the 'Magic Negro'

Don't try to explain anything to this vile idiot. Mayor Nagin of N.O. makes racial slurs like Chocolate City and the black Mayor of Baton Rouge states that "I am not going to allow New Orleans thugs to take over this city" after the city doubled after Katrina. If a white repeats anything a black politician says in public, he is a racist. I got it.

Powell is a turncoat; not because he is supporting Obama but because he blasted the Republicians Party when he was given many promotions by Republician Presidents going back to Ronald Reagan. I feel the same way about Dick Morris. Both are ungrateful ingrates.