Thread: Obama Backed By Colin Powell

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    What a bunch of f**king hypocrites these idiots are.
    If Powell goes out on the campaign trail with Obama they'll have to wear NASA diapers while on camera.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Grump
    Y' know CW, just when I thought it was impossible for me to have even less respect for you...you go ahead and surprise me.

Why aren't you on DU shilling for Obambi? Go on, they're more your kind of people.....

Incidentally, Powell will regret this later down the line. Obama has little regard for the military, has never served, and is close friends with domestic terrorists.

Mr. LaBolt said the men first met in 1995 through the education project, the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, and have encountered each other occasionally in public life or in the neighborhood.
    LIAR.

Crossing Paths Daily: Obama and Ayers Shared an Office (Update: For Three Years)
    I predict that we will see the same thing as under Clinton, the military will be gutted, the security of the US will be sacrificed for the sake of "the greater good and hope and change".

A lot of resignations and failed enlistments will follow. Hope you've enjoyed the last eight years of safety, CW...Obama is about to kiss it all goodbye.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-kD0QdRJk

He listened to this man's insanity for TWENTY YEARS. Even from here, I can see just how dangerous this man is.

In the United States, the people celebrated the anniversary of one of the greatest speeches of all time.

“Let people not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the strength of their character”.

On that same day, Barack Hussein Obama was declared the Democratic Presidential nominee by acclamation.

Not by the strength of his character….but by the colour of his skin.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 10-19-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Why aren't you on DU shilling for Obambi? Go on, they're more your kind of people.....
    The Obama campaign just raised $150,000,000.00 last month. CW should keep his toe-hold here.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I think this is more a statement against the Republican Party.
    Actually, it's more of a statement that Powells loyalties are SKIN DEEP.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Y'know CW, just when I thought it was impossible for me to have even less respect for you...you go ahead and surprise me.

What did I say that was incorrect? Powell endorsed Obama. Faux news idiot anchors fall all over themselves discrediting Powell, a figure they previously praised when he appeared before the UN supporting the invasion of Iraq. They're saying that his statements are factually incorrect because John McCain never called Obama a Muslim or a terrorist. They ignore the fact that neither candidate engages directly in such negative attacks, they let surrogates do it for them. However, they do point this out when Obama surrogates attack McCain.

Please show me a statement there that is incorrect.

If the black vote wasn't unified before - you can throw that card on the floor now, Yee-Haw state citizens.

Ooooh - post #12 got altered.

McCain just came out and said he wasn't surprised - as he's not worried about it because he's got four other Secretaries of State on his side and a hundred generals. Of course none of those people had a stake-out for them at NBC's studios this morning, because - well - their opinions just don't matter that much?;)

Resident Grump
    What did I say that was incorrect? Powell endorsed Obama.
    Yes, we know.

Faux news idiot anchors fall all over themselves discrediting Powell, a figure they previously praised when he appeared before the UN supporting the invasion of Iraq.
    Fox News is a damned sight more balanced than the New York Slimes, who emailed a sixteen year old girl to smear her schoolfriends.

They're saying that his statements are factually incorrect because John McCain never called Obama a Muslim or a terrorist. They ignore the fact that neither candidate engages directly in such negative attacks, they let surrogates do it for them. However, they do point this out when Obama surrogates attack McCain.
    And he never did. Sarah Palin said he "palled around with terrorists".He did and he does.

Please show me a statement there that is incorrect.
    DU is <==== that way.

Well done, CW, you are now in the same basket as LP and Eyelids.

Do you think there's anyone left out there who's opinion will be changed by Powell's decision?