Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 ‘Blasphemous’ artwork removed from Paris exhibition 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    54,258
    Artwork showing women’s shoes on Muslim prayer mats is removed from exhibition after warnings of possible violence

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...xhibition.html
    It never takes long for the French to surrender.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

    Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    19,250
    the removal of the artwork made a "mockery" of the principle of freedom of expression only weeks after the Charlie Hebdo attack and a huge solidarity march in Paris in which David Cameron and some 50 other world leaders took part.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Dori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Blue State Hell
    Posts
    4,032
    When the Muslims take over France, can you imagine what they're going to do to the Louvre?
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeast.
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Artwork showing women’s shoes on Muslim prayer mats is removed from exhibition after warnings of possible violence

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...xhibition.html
    It never takes long for the French to surrender.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    It's sad, but I don't think we have the right to judge them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's sad, but I don't think we have the right to judge them.
    Are you serious? Your ignorance knows no bounds does it.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member FourWinds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    When the Muslims take over France, can you imagine what they're going to do to the Louvre?
    I can only imagine.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    9,152
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Are you serious? Your ignorance knows no bounds does it.
    She got the same thinking on this that prevents Progressives in DC from calling the Taliban terrorists.

    And unless they wise up and stop this stupid PC moral equivalence bullshit it's going to be the death of all of us...literally and figuratively.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeast.
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Are you serious? Your ignorance knows no bounds does it.
    This doesn't mean not to call terrorism as terrorism and go after it. A big part of me
    thinks we need to track down terrorists and chop off their heads in front of others to
    see just to make a public point.

    However, people just came and murdered several of their people and then took hostages
    the following day. I don't blame them for being fearful to move.

    Some people here refuse to post a picture of Mohammad just because they've been hearing of the violence and the threats of violence. Oh btw, I'm one of them. I have an atheist relative sort of looking down on religion right now, which pisses me off. I told her straight out not to make fun of Mohammad or people might try to kill you. It's not about respecting a faith. It's about not asking terrorists to come on over.

    Now, Charlie Hebdo magazine told them to stick it up their ass, that they'll still do the same stuff. Good for them. I thought that was great. I won't look down on people afraid to make the same move right now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer SVPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Artwork showing women’s shoes on Muslim prayer mats is removed from exhibition after warnings of possible violence

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...xhibition.html
    It never takes long for the French to surrender.

    Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Ya know, when I saw the thread title I just knew it had to be due a crazed Catholic who tried to smash a sculpture of a crucifix suspended in a jar of urine, or a freaked-out Fundie who tried to incinerate a sculpture of a Bible ripped to shreds! Now I don't know what to think!

    Are sarcasm tags needed?
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

    Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

    BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    This doesn't mean not to call terrorism as terrorism and go after it. A big part of me
    thinks we need to track down terrorists and chop off their heads in front of others to
    see just to make a public point.

    However, people just came and murdered several of their people and then took hostages
    the following day. I don't blame them for being fearful to move.

    Some people here refuse to post a picture of Mohammad just because they've been hearing of the violence and the threats of violence. Oh btw, I'm one of them. I have an atheist relative sort of looking down on religion right now, which pisses me off. I told her straight out not to make fun of Mohammad or people might try to kill you. It's not about respecting a faith. It's about not asking terrorists to come on over.

    Now, Charlie Hebdo magazine told them to stick it up their ass, that they'll still do the same stuff. Good for them. I thought that was great. I won't look down on people afraid to make the same move right now.
    No. The entire country made this big showing on how they're not going to be intimidated and the first chance they get, they acquiesce because they're intimidated. Terror wins again.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •