Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As usual, I'm waiting for it to warm up a little before deploying the chainsaw. It should be a beautiful day here.

TOTD: My vacations involve stalking and killing things so there's a high degree of flexibility built into any "plan". The getting there and coming back parts are pretty well planned. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: Every single detail of my vacations are planned. There is a strict schedule. Any mention of deviating from the schedule results in divorce.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Nothing wrong with starting a day thread early.
    I see I need to send you a copy of the manual too.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Cool topic, BD. Have fun there in Tenn, but stay off those backroads....especially ones leading to a grand yet decrepit old house...<mwuhhahahahah>:eek:

TOTD: I like to plan out trips but NOT to the extent of it being so regimented you can't deviate from the plan. Or just say f%$k it, and go or do something else. A vacation is supposed to be fun, not friggin' work...
    I'll plan a broad outline, but love to deviate. My favorite trips to Europe would start with a reservation the first night, then take off and somehow find a place. I like to go with the flow and not worry about it. Unfortunately, I like to experiene different things and can't stand just vegging out on a beach. SR loves laying by a pool or at a beach reading and sunning. I guess we'll have to take turns planning trips. :D

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Nothing wrong with starting a day thread early. You might not be here tomorrow

My idea of a vacation is going to the beach. I usually make reservations but do it on the spur of the moment to make sure the weather is good. Twenty some odd years ago I decided to go to Pensacola Beach on July 4without reservations for 2 days. Everything was booked so I went to Panama City; same deal, could only get a beach reservation for 3 days and the price was too high. Spent about 7 hours on the beach and drove back home the same for a total of over 600 miles. Cheap, cheap vacation as gas was around 2 bucks back then.
    Agree with you, don't listen to Shannon. :D