Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 KATV's Anne Pressly Attacked in Home 
    posted 9:38 am Tue October 21, 2008

Little Rock police are investigating an early-morning home invasion Monday that has left a KATV morning anchor hospitalized.

According to authorities, Anne Pressly, 26, is in critical condition at a Little Rock hospital after being found in her home with what police call "severe wounds." Early reports said Pressly had been stabbed or cut, but Monday afternoon investigators confirmed the injuries occurred from blunt force trauma to the head and upper body.

Pressly was discovered around 4:30 a.m. Monday by her mother, who became concerned after ‘wake-up’ calls to her daughter went unanswered.

Police say there were no suspects as of Tuesday morning, but that the attack may have come during a robbery, because Pressly's purse was missing.

Investigators spent much of Monday talking to friends and co-workers of Pressly's to find out if she had been threatened.

The last known contact with Pressly was between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday, when she attended a surprise party for a co-worker at a Little Rock restaurant.

Word of the attack spread as KATV employees arrived for work Monday morning. Several friends and co-workers gathered with Pressly’s family at the hospital throughout the day. During the station's 11:30 a.m. newscast Monday, anchor Jason Pederson read a story about the attack and confirmed Pressly was hospitalized.

"We would ask that you keep Anne in your thoughts and, especially, in your prayers," Pederson said.

KATV President and General Manager Dale Nicholson released a statement Monday afternoon. "The next days are critical" Nicholson said. "All we can do is care for her, care for her family—reach out and embrace them—and pray to God that the best comes out of this."

After earning her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Rhodes College in Memphis, Pressly was hired as a full-time producer and part-time reporter at KATV in May 2004, producing Good Morning Arkansas and reporting for MidDay Arkansas and Saturday Daybreak. Pressly was promoted to full-time general assignment reporter in November 2004. In August 2008 she took over for Jason Harper, doing live reports for Daybreak and Good Morning Arkansas from various locations around the state.

Recently, Pressly landed a small role in the new Oliver Stone movie, "W" which opened in theaters last week.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1008/562863.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

This is very big news here. She is listed as critical but stable. I have a friend who was in W and he says she is lovely and sweet.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    This is very big news here. She is listed as critical but stable. I have a friend who was in W and he says she is lovely and sweet.
    No word on suspects?

Not that I have heard.

Lets keep her all in our prayers, I really hope she gets better and they catch her attacker.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

11:05 a.m. - Statement from Pressly Family
    Reported by: KARK 4 News

Tuesday, Oct 21, 2008 @11:05am CST

The family of Anne Pressly would like to thank all of you who have prayed for Anne and for us, for your visits, your calls and the many ways you've reached out to us at this very difficult time.

We are appreciative of the outpouring of love we've received - obviously out of your love for Anne. We are overwhelmed by your affection; the care Anne's physicians and nurses have given her, the diligence of the Little Rock Police Department in this investigation and local and national reporters who have respected our privacy.

Anne has a long struggle of recovery ahead of her. She is a fighter, a strong, healthy and physically fit young woman. We expect her to recover completely. We ask that you continue to pray for Anne and for us. We very much appreciate the blood donations that you've given in Anne's name. Rest assured that the sacrifice of your own blood will be used either to help Anne or to help someone else who needs it.

Now our family needs private time. Please respect our wishes and give us time to heal as a family - privately - without visitors. We will issue statements as Anne's condition improves. Today Anne is in critical but stable condition.

The Family of Anne Pressly

What a terrible ordeal to experience. This is really sad. I hope they find the evil person who did this. From what I read, if her mom didn't go to her place, she would have probably died. :(

RIP Anne, this is a terrible tragedy and our hearts and prayers are with your family now.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/25/...ack/index.html

:(
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

:( RIP.

I hope they catch the f-head who did this.:mad:

R.I.P. Sweetheart. 26 - less than half my age. :(:(:(
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)