Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 US intelligence: Iran will be able to build first nuclear bomb February 2009 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Just In Time For The New President To Make a Decision On What To Do !"

US intelligence’s amended estimate, that Iran will be ready to build its first bomb just one month after the next US president is sworn in, is disclosed by DEBKAfile’s Washington sources as having been relayed as a guideline to the Middle East teams of both presidential candidates, Senators John McCain and Barack Obama.

The information prompted the assertion by Democratic vice presidential nominee Joseph Biden in Seattle Sunday, Oct. 19: “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy.”

McCain retorted Tuesday, Oct. 21: “America does not need a president that needs to be tested. I’ve been tested. I was aboard the Enterprise off the coast of Cuba. I’ve been there.”)

DEBKAfile’s military sources cite the new US timeline: By late January, 2009, Iran will have accumulated enough low-grade enriched uranium (up to 5%) for its “break-out” to weapons grade (90%) material within a short time. For this, the Iranians have achieved the necessary technology. In February, they can move on to start building their first nuclear bomb.

US intelligence believes Tehran has the personnel, plans and diagrams for a bomb and has been running experiments to this end for the past two years. The UN International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna last week asked Tehran to clarify recent complex experiments they conducted in detonating nuclear materials for a weapon, but received no answer.

The same US evaluation adds that the Iranian leadership is holding off its go-ahead to start building the bomb until the last minute so as to ward off international pressure to stop at the red line.

This development together with the galloping global economic crisis will force the incoming US president to go straight into decision-making without pause on Day One in the Oval Office. He will have to determine which urgent measures can serve best for keeping a nuclear bomb out of the Islamic republic’s hands - diplomatic or military – and how to proceed if those measures fail.

His knowledge of the challenge colored Sen. Biden’s additional words in Seattle: “Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

Israel’s political and military leaders also face a tough dilemma that can no longer be put off of whether to strike Iran’s nuclear installations militarily in the next three months between US presidencies before the last window closes, or take a chance on coordination with the next president. snip
    http://www.debka.com/
    Last edited by megimoo; 10-21-2008 at 05:39 PM.

And as Lewis Black says - "They’ll put it in a missile and 500 Iranians with throw it at Israel."
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    And as Lewis Black says - "They’ll put it in a missile and 500 Iranians with throw it at Israel."
    LP, Iran is more than capable of mounting that on an ICBM..they have that technology.And if you think that a nuclear detonation over Israel wont herald a fullscale counterstrike...you're insane.

And then, LP, you only have to really ask yourself one question.

Which way is the wind blowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    LP, Iran is more than capable of mounting that on an ICBM..they have that technology.And if you think that a nuclear detonation over Israel wont herald a fullscale counterstrike...you're insane.

And then, LP, you only have to really ask yourself one question.

Which way is the wind blowing?
    I don't think that Iran has ICBM technology. An ICBM by definition is one that could reach another continent (ie North America or Europe). All Iran needs is a missle that will fly a few hunderd miles and I am sure that they are more than capable of that feat if the bomb could be made light enough.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    I don't think that Iran has ICBM technology.
    Yet.

If the Germans can build a V2...the Iranians can build an ICBM.

Yet.

If the Germans can build a V2...the Iranians can build an ICBM.
    Under that logic we should attack North Korea, Iran, Syria, Hugo Chavez's office and hit China first as they actually have the capability and are communist.

Lets start tomorow?

College level physics students could design nuclear bombs in the 70s. I remember reading about a guy who wrote his thesis on the topic, and after he turned it in, his paper was classified. I'm sure the iranians could do it, if they have the materials.

I still say let the Israelis take out the nuclear sites. They'll have the best intelligence regarding where the nuclear sites are, and they are good at targeting specific sites.

Sonnabend
    Under that logic we should attack North Korea, Iran, Syria, Hugo Chavez's office and hit China first as they actually have the capability and are communist.
    So what do you suggest. Sit here and wait till a mushroom cloud appears over Tel Aviv?

Listen, you isolationist, RonPaul fellating fuckwit, get this through that thick skull of yours. The entire Middle East is a powderkeg and if that mushroom cloud appears, there is nowhere on this earth you will be able to hide from the fallout and radioactivity.

China is not a vicious, third century witchburning, woman stoning theocracy whose leader thinks he is the Messiah / Mahdi / whatever. North Koreas is too busy collapsing and neither of the nations above has stated they wish to wipe their neighbour off the map.

Listen, you isolationist, RonPaul fellating fuckwit, get this through that thick skull of yours..
    How very mature of you. I see no point in continuing the discussion like this.

Excellent points, Goldwater, in this and your previous posts.

There is no reason for this: "Listen, you isolationist, RonPaul fellating fuckwit, get this through that thick skull of yours." And the moderator should be made to apologise for this stupidity. Inexcusable.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)