Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Makes me wonder what would be the worst case scenario if Israel took on all the Arab states that decided to try to attack her real estate - even all at once? I'm of the opinion Jerusalemís opponents don't have the stomach for it - no matter how many pre-emptive strikes the Jews heap upon them.

The other Arab states that produce petroleum are just going to grouse in the U.N. They're not going to do a damn thing - pyhsically.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Makes me wonder what would be the worst case scenario if Israel took on all the Arab states that decided to try to attack her real estate - even all at once?
    You don't want to know. That's the nightmare. If Israel is really threatened..militarily, and they have no way out...they will open fire.

They have six million reasons to remember what happened when they didn't fight back, for them the words Never Again are literal. Here they stand, and there they will remain..they will never back away and they will never allow another Holocaust.

Other nations have no understanding of this harsh, clear reality..Iran has no idea what it is pushing.

This far and no further..LP they love their homes as you do yours..and will die to protect it..even to the last woman and child.

We may disagree on many things, but I know one thing about you...you would never run were the United States attacked, and would defend her with your life if need be.

I'm of the opinion Jerusalemís opponents don't have the stomach for it - no matter how many pre-emptive strikes the Jews heap upon them.
    They will only attacked if they see no other way.All the others have to do is agree they have a right to exist..a simple "leave us alone and we leave you alone."..thats all thats needed.

The other Arab states that produce petroleum are just going to grouse in the U.N. They're not going to do a damn thing - physically.
    From your lips to Gods ears, LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    If you're suggesting that ALL the leaders of Iran are suicidal then go sell that to Hannity. There is no reason to believe that every Imam would risk the entire nation of Iran to be wiped from the map...which it would be in about 90 seconds and they are acutely aware of it. The rational actor scenario is as true for Iran as it was for the Soviets. How many also were convinced of Kim Jung Ils death wish. Let me remind you he had far more central control over NK's survival than the Imam's in Iran.
    You are way off base.

I know too many soldiers that worked directly with Spiritual and tribal leaders in Iraq during the war and it is patently false that their beliefs are based on the complete destruction of their people.

And Me...I'm a Christian and I'm also waiting for Christ's return, but I've not got a death wish to help accelerate the process. Do you know how many liberal idiots are convinced like you that ALL Christians wish for Armageddon to hasten Christ's return and that because I claim to be one that I have similar designs.

Rubbish!
    You are doing the right thing.

I don't follow end times prophecy to closely because I think for the most part it is a waste of time. Things will happen when God is ready and not a moment sooner or later. For someone to feel that they can influence God and force some "signs" to happen are merely deluding themselves. The purpose of prophecy is to say "you don't know when it's going to happen so live like it's going down today." Do that and your covered. Don't worry about something you have no control over.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't think that Iran has ICBM technology. An ICBM by definition is one that could reach another continent (ie North America or Europe). All Iran needs is a missle that will fly a few hunderd miles and I am sure that they are more than capable of that feat if the bomb could be made light enough.

They don't NEED and ICBM that is absolutely correct. They HAVE missiles, capable of delivery to Israel, right now.

They could also hit us with a bomb smuggled across our borders or simply smuggled aboard a passenger jet - perhaps more difficult but not out of the realm of possibility.

Iran with a nuclear weapons capability CANNOT be allowed PERIOD.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    If you're suggesting that ALL the leaders of Iran are suicidal then go sell that to Hannity. There is no reason to believe that every Imam would risk the entire nation of Iran to be wiped from the map...which it would be in about 90 seconds and they are acutely aware of it. The rational actor scenario is as true for Iran as it was for the Soviets. How many also were convinced of Kim Jung Ils death wish. Let me remind you he had far more central control over NK's survival than the Imam's in Iran.
    You are way off base.

I know too many soldiers that worked directly with Spiritual and tribal leaders in Iraq during the war and it is patently false that their beliefs are based on the complete destruction of their people.

And Me...I'm a Christian and I'm also waiting for Christ's return, but I've not got a death wish to help accelerate the process. Do you know how many liberal idiots are convinced like you that ALL Christians wish for Armageddon to hasten Christ's return and that because I claim to be one that I have similar designs.

Rubbish!

The problem is that it doesn't take ALL of the IMAMS to launch that attack. It takes a few leaders in the right postitions.

You are, of course, correct that many Muslims are not of the radical type. But there ARE a lot of that are, and those that are, are very dangerous. Allowing Iran to develop these weapons is simply too risky.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't take ALL of the IMAMS to launch that attack. It takes a few leaders in the right postitions.

You are, of course, correct that many Muslims are not of the radical type. But there ARE a lot of that , and those that are, are very dangerous. Allowing Iran to develop these weapons is simply too risky.
    And I don't disagree. But let's not forget what makes it easier for a radical to garner support for a mass movement. You have to convince a mass movement that their hatred toward a threat really affects their way of life.
    How much easier was it to convince radicals to join and die for Al Qaeda when Bin Laden pointed to the fact that U.S. bases were built in Saudi Arabia...one of the holiest nations in the Mid east?
    Even Khomeini, with his hatred of the Wes, could not garner support for a 911 because hatred alone cannot fuel a large mass movement. You have to have a tangible grievance that can be linked. Well...that's what radicals have now.
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 10-23-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    Yep.. but no one's suggesting we do that. We showed for 50 years that we could deter a nuclear power. There is no reason to believe we cannot if Iran becomes one.
    Exactly.

How you feel about this really depends on whether you're a realist or liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    This far and no further..LP they love their homes as you do yours..and will die to protect it..even to the last woman and child.

We may disagree on many things, but I know one thing about you...you would never run were the United States attacked, and would defend her with your life if need be.

As I'm sure you would your little island, Sonnabend.:)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    They don't NEED and ICBM that is absolutely correct. They HAVE missiles, capable of delivery to Israel, right now.

They could also hit us with a bomb smuggled across our borders or simply smuggled aboard a passenger jet - perhaps more difficult but not out of the realm of possibility.

Iran with a nuclear weapons capability CANNOT be allowed PERIOD.
    I didn't say that they needed an ICBM. Someone else said that they could easily build one. I merely disputed that fact.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I didn't say that they needed an ICBM. Someone else said that they could easily build one. I merely disputed that fact.
    Now you've done it.... Since they haven't convinced you with the imminent threat scenario......Next there will be the inevitable Hitler comparison.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor