Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress 
    Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress

West Palm Beach Congressman Tim Mahoney (D-FL), whose predecessor resigned in the wake of a sex scandal, agreed to a $121,000 payment to a former mistress who worked on his staff and was threatening to sue him, according to current and former members of his staff who have been briefed on the settlement, which involved Mahoney and his campaign committee.
    Mahoney, who is married, also promised the woman, Patricia Allen, a $50,000 a year job for two years at the agency that handles his campaign advertising, the staffers said.

Senior Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives, including Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-IL), the chair of the Democratic Caucus, have been working with Mahoney to keep the matter from hurting his re-election campaign, the Mahoney staffers said.
    Last edited by bijou; 10-13-2008 at 04:30 PM.

2. #2 Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress 
    Patent Member
    Congressman's $121,000 Payoff to Alleged Mistress
    Tim Mahoney Elected to Remove 'Ethical Cloud' of His Disgraced Predecessor, Mark Foley

West Palm Beach Congressman Tim Mahoney (D-FL), whose predecessor resigned in the wake of a sex scandal, agreed to a $121,000 payment to a former mistress who worked on his staff and was threatening to sue him, according to current and former members of his staff who have been briefed on the settlement, which involved Mahoney and his campaign committee.

Mahoney, who is married, also promised the woman, Patricia Allen, a $50,000 a year job for two years at the agency that handles his campaign advertising, the staffers said.

Patent Member
    Crap.

Please merge/move with this one:
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=6351

Sorry.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Crap.

Please merge/move with this one:
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ead.php?t=6351

Sorry.

Done - not to worry, you only missed it by an hour! :D
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Done - not to worry, you only missed it by an hour! :D
    Are you suggesting I should actually look before I make posts? I'd need a secretary for that sort of thing.

Pelosi Calls for Investigation into Mahoney
    Campaign Media Firm Ends Work for Florida Congressman After ABC News Report

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called on the House Ethics Committee to "immediately and thoroughly" investigate a report by ABC News today that Florida Rep. Tim Mahoney secretly paid his former alleged mistress and campaign staffer to prevent a sexual harassment lawsuit from going forward.

"I just learned today about the serious allegations concerning Congressman Tim Mahoney," Pelosi said in a statement. "These charges must be immediately and thoroughly investigated by the House Ethics Committee."

The announcement came just as the advertising company used by Mahoney's campaign said that it had "permanently" ended its relationship with the West Palm Beach congressmen based on the report by ABC News that he had promised his former alleged mistress a job at the firm as part of a secret legal deal.
    Mahoney replaced Mark Foley

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Are you suggesting I should actually look before I make posts? I'd need a secretary for that sort of thing.

Heaven forbid!!!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Pelosi Calls for Investigation into Mahoney
    Campaign Media Firm Ends Work for Florida Congressman After ABC News Report

Mahoney replaced Mark Foley
    Pelosi is probably looking for someone else to be in her inner circle of corruption.

Fla. Congressman Reportedly Involved in 2nd Affair

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A married congressman who faces accusations that he had an affair with a former aide and paid her to keep quiet about it also was having an affair with a second woman around the same time, a person close to his campaign told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Details of the second affair came hours after Democratic U.S. Rep. Tim Mahoney held a news conference to address a story, first reported by ABC News, that he had been involved with the former aide. Mahoney acknowledged he had caused "embarrassment and heartache" to his family but denied doing anything illegal.

Mahoney, 52, won his seat in 2006 while promising to return morals and family values to Washington

Power CUer
    Morality aside, how does he find TIME for all this stuff? He can't be doing a very good job for his constituents.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken