Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Report: RNC Spent $150K On Sarah Palin's Wardrobe 
    Campaign '08 Complete Coverage / About The Candidates & Issues

NEW YORK (CBS) -- Since she's been on the campaign trail, Sarah Palin has received a lot of attention over her wardrobe, her hair, even her glasses.

Now, Politico.com is reporting the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 on clothes and accessories for Palin and her family.

Politico says the expenditures began early last month, soon after Palin was picked by John McCain to be his running mate.

Palin frequently wears expensive designer clothes on the campaign trail now, points out CBS News correspondent Meg Oliver.

Spending records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by Politico show the RNC paid for "campaign accessories" from upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, where nearly $50,000 was spent, Neiman Marcus, $75,000, and $4,700 for hair and makeup.

"The problem with this for the campaign," explains Politico Chief Political Writer Mike Allen, "is it's the kind of thing that can stick in people's minds. At a time when they're cutting back on their own spending, they see a candidate looking extravagant."

And that, observes Oliver, could pose a political risk.

http://cbs4.com/campaign08/sarah.pal....2.846207.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Were these clothes bought for her because she didn't have enough for the campaign or what?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Campaign '08 Complete Coverage / About The Candidates & Issues

NEW YORK (CBS) -- Since she's been on the campaign trail, Sarah Palin has received a lot of attention over her wardrobe, her hair, even her glasses.

Now, Politico.com is reporting the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 on clothes and accessories for Palin and her family.

Politico says the expenditures began early last month, soon after Palin was picked by John McCain to be his running mate.

Palin frequently wears expensive designer clothes on the campaign trail now, points out CBS News correspondent Meg Oliver.

Spending records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by Politico show the RNC paid for "campaign accessories" from upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, where nearly $50,000 was spent, Neiman Marcus, $75,000, and $4,700 for hair and makeup.

"The problem with this for the campaign," explains Politico Chief Political Writer Mike Allen, "is it's the kind of thing that can stick in people's minds. At a time when they're cutting back on their own spending, they see a candidate looking extravagant."

And that, observes Oliver, could pose a political risk.

http://cbs4.com/campaign08/sarah.pal....2.846207.html
    Don't hold your breath to see what expenditures Obama & his wife have racked up. A left wing liberal outfit like CBS would never do that would they? Since the rabid news media has examined just about every facet of the Palin's lives, I am waiting on bended knees to see how much she has spent at the Vet. office for her dog and how much she has spent on maxi-pads. :mad:

Money would have been better spent financing more Obama chums with terrrrrisstss robocalls.

$4,700.00 for hair and makeup and the baby gets Wal-Mart diapers.

Hypocrisy: It’s what’s for dinner.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Obama's bitter half - Michelle - spent 500$ on Lobster and Champagne snacks just for herself a few weeks back when they were in NYC.

The voters would be surprised to see what their donation money goes to.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Banned

She is a good looking chick and I want her to look her best. What can I say. Plus it did not cost you or I a dime. Now Nancy Pisslosi huge jumbo jet plane as an elevated perk is costing us a shit pot full of extra $$$$$$$. Correct.

I suppose lib elitists like you buy designer diapers. The baby just shits in them btw, probably the cheaper the better

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I suppose lib elitists like you buy designer diapers. The baby just shits in them btw, probably the cheaper the better
    That's too damn funny.:D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Obama's bitter half - Michelle - spent 500$ on Lobster and Champagne snacks just for herself a few weeks back when they were in NYC.

The voters would be surprised to see what their donation money goes to.
    Says Page Six's retraction in today's paper: (10/21/08)

"The source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation."