Thread: You Might Be An Elitist If.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I see no one else here can help with the Jimmie Johnson reference.
    I think he is a race car driver. I am more familiar with Jimmy Johnson.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I see no one else here can help with the Jimmie Johnson reference.
    Former coach of the Dallas Cowboys and then some lame Florida football team.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Former coach of the Dallas Cowboys and then some lame Florida football team.
    Head coach of a kick ass Florida team before coaching the Cowboys.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Can somebody mass mail this to DU and everyone who is on Obama's mailing list?
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Please cite any hate America sermons or hate Americans sermons screeched from either Hagee or Robertson.
    You're opening a can of worms man.

Power CUer
    OK. There's some uncertainty in our group as to which sport Mr. Johnson practices, but as long as it's a sport, it's not something I need to know. Thanks.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    OK. There's some uncertainty in our group as to which sport Mr. Johnson practices, but as long as it's a sport, it's not something I need to know. Thanks.
    Jimmie Johnson is a race car guy.

Jimmy Johnson is a football guy.

:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    I'm sorry I forget, did Hagee baptize McCain's children and Robertson performed the marriage ceremony or was it the other way around. And does John McCain gather up his family every week and shuttle them to Hagee's church? Robertson's Church? Does he split equal time between the two?

Please cite any hate America sermons or hate Americans sermons screeched from either Hagee or Robertson.

I'd have to google for more, but shortly after 9-11, Jerry Falwell appeared on The 700 club and blamed the tragedy on gays and liberals. Pat Robertson agreed with him on the show, then took back his agreement after the comments hit the secular media. I consider that to be America-hating, in that it singles out groups of americans to blame for acts committed by foreigners.

I'm not necessarily defending Wright's comments, although I did grow up attending a UCC church and was familiar with him long before this election cycle. His church does a lot of good in Chicago-like most large, african american churches, TUCC has a food distribution program, a substance abuse treatment program, community activities like Girl Scouts, and offers other services to the neighborhood around the church. My sister attended it once on a sort of youth group field trip, and she enjoyed it a great deal. Trinity has an awesome choir, I am told.

I will say this-Wright assumes he is speaking for black americans when he makes those comments-whether he truly is speaking for them is another matter. Robertson thinks he is speaking for God. There's a big difference between those two perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I should have cut this piece down but I just enjoyed it so much. :p
    I went to the link hoping there was more. :D

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'd have to google for more, but shortly after 9-11, Jerry Falwell appeared on The 700 club and blamed the tragedy on gays and liberals. Pat Robertson agreed with him on the show, then took back his agreement after the comments hit the secular media. I consider that to be America-hating, in that it singles out groups of americans to blame for acts committed by foreigners.

I'm not necessarily defending Wright's comments, although I did grow up attending a UCC church and was familiar with him long before this election cycle. His church does a lot of good in Chicago-like most large, african american churches, TUCC has a food distribution program, a substance abuse treatment program, community activities like Girl Scouts, and offers other services to the neighborhood around the church. My sister attended it once on a sort of youth group field trip, and she enjoyed it a great deal. Trinity has an awesome choir, I am told.

I will say this-Wright assumes he is speaking for black americans when he makes those comments-whether he truly is speaking for them is another matter. Robertson thinks he is speaking for God. There's a big difference between those two perspectives.

I think your first paragraph would make more sense if you added the fact that Falwell believed God had lifted His protective hand from the US due to the tolerance shown for sin. Or at least, that would make it accurate. Intolerance is a 2-way street.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.