1. #1 Kristi1696 gets run off 
    Not sure what the OP was, but it appears to have raised some problems with the Palin wardrobe story. Of course, deviation from the hive will not be tolerated. So, after her motives are questioned, Kristi1696 edits her OP and bails.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7556502

Kristi1696 (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:48 AM
    Original message
    Yeah, okay, fuck it. Mods, please lock this.
    Edited on Wed Oct-22-08 10:02 AM by Kristi1696
    Wow. I think I'm done with DU for a while. Y'all are a bit crazy right now. Some discussions are meant to be just that, discussions. Not "concern" or "traps" or "trolling", etc.

So see y'all some time after the election and good luck to all those who are volunteering! I'll be busting my ass here in Philly! They will NOT disenfranchise my neighbors!
    What did you expect, Kristi1696?

I think they are responding to this:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html
    I don't know what to think about this. The dems make issues about everything the Republicans do; lying and twisting facts. DUers do stay true to form though.
    Mad_Dem_X (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:51 AM
    Response to Original message
    6. It is my understanding that Michelle pays for her own clothes
    And in this case, Palin bought clothes on someone else's dime. Clothes for her kids, too.
    Jennicut (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:51 AM
    7. I don't think Michelle charged her clothes to the DNC either.
    And Michelle chooses dresses that are much less than Palin's suits. Palin made a good salary in Alaska and her wardrobe there was not terrible. She also could have spent much less on cheaper clothes that look similar to what she got. It just doesn't look good because the economy is tanking and people can't afford new clothes, at least I can't right now.
    Jealousy anyone?

Of course if she wore cheaper clothes they would be criticizing and bashing her for wearing "cheap clothes".
    wndycty (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:51 AM
    9. The cost is not the issue its the hypocrisy. Is Michelle trying to paint McCain/Palin as elitists?
    Its about the hypocrisy.
    Yawn. It's always about the hypocrisy. They can always find issues that they claim the conservatives are hypocrites about in order to justify their hatred and criticism. But naturally Democrats are never hypocrites, no matter what they do.
    Window (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:52 AM
    17. If they want to parade her around as the ultimate "Hockey Mom,"
    Edited on Wed Oct-22-08 09:53 AM by Window
    they should have gone to Walmart.

Michelle is in line to be the First Lady, and is not pretending to be anything else.
    Because Sarah Palin is a "hockey Mom" and a regular person she should wear cheap clothes to campaign in, but Michelle, why, she's the wife of the savior and she deserves designer clothes because she has never "pretended to be anything else".

This smacks of the belief that everyone should know their station in life and should never do anything to deviate from that or to better themselves. How dare that Palin woman wear designer clothes, she's just a hick from Alaska.

Yea, that is what they've been saying all along, haven't they?
    Puglover (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 11:56 AM
    82. Locking
    Per OP rqst.

Puglover DU Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    This smacks of the belief that everyone should know their station in life and should never do anything to deviate from that or to better themselves. How dare that Palin woman wear designer clothes, she's just a hick from Alaska.
    Boy, did you hit the nail right on the head! Those bastards at DU would have criticized her no matter what clothes she wore. And as far as Michelle's clothes go, isn't she the one who thought that you could spend your tax refund ($600) on a pair of earrings?