Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Backed By Colin Powell 
    Breaking News
    2:24pm UK, Sunday October 19, 2008

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell has endorsed Barack Obama for President of the United States.

The move is a huge boost for Mr Obama as Mr Powell served under current President George Bush during his first term.

He had also been talked about as a possible running mate for Mr Obama's Republican rival John McCain, a man with whom he had worked for many years.

Sky's Ian Woods, reporting from Washington, said the decision was a "major setback" for the McCain campaign.

He said that in a TV appearance, Mr Powell had criticised the McCain campaign and praised Mr Obama.

The news came as it was revealed that Mr Obama raised more than $150m (£87m) for his campaign in September, breaking the record of $66m (£38m) he set the previous month.

Unlike his Republican rival John McCain, Mr Obama chose not to accept public funding for his campaign, leaving him free to raise millions privately.

The amount of money raised has allowed him to blanket the airwaves with advertising in the run-up to the November 4 poll.

Mr Obama's campaign has purchased a half-hour prime-time television slot on October 29, six days before the election, to make its final push.

His campaign added 620,000 new donors last month to bring the total to 3.1 million.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...e_Colin_Powell
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Powell on FOX now explaining his position.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Just to get a black man in the WH...
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Yes, the former Secretary of State is a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    I think it's more to do with foreign policy. But I'm sure Obama being black doesn't hurt.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell will be on 'Meet the Press' this morning.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    He's part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    It's quite funny. I'm over watching Faux Sunday morning show (I normally turn it over at 8:30 from CNN as I don't like the House Call segment and have been bustling about and haven't turned it back), and the trio are stumbling all over themselves trying to discredit their former hero of the UN, Powell. :D

They're shocked, shocked to you hear, to hear Powell say that these negative attacks implying Obama is a Muslim and that he's a terrorist turned Powell against the McCain campaign!! Why John McCain NEVER said that! Of course, they're quick to point out that Obama stays above the fray and has surrogates do his dirty work, but that's all forgotten now. They're shocked. JOHN McCAIN never said that! What a bunch of f**king hypocrites these idiots are.

I'm surprised that Mr. Powell, who has a strong military background, approves of electing a prez who, due to past associations couldn't possibly get a job with the FBI.

Dress it up how ever you wish, but thats a fact.

I think this is more a statement against the Republican Party.