1. #1 Man admits plotting to bomb RNC 
    A 23-year-old Michigan man has admitted to plotting to set off a homemade bomb in the tunnels near the Xcel Energy Center, hoping it would cause a power failure and prompt cancellation of the Republican National Convention.

Matthew B. DePalma of Flint, pleaded guilty in federal court in Minneapolis Tuesday to illegally possessing Molotov cocktails.

According to the plea agreement:

DePalma spent about 90 minutes at the Hennepin County Library on Aug. 18 researching recipes for homemade bombs. He bought the supplies for Molotov cocktails a few days later.

He said that if he could bomb the Xcel Center on Sept. 1, "they might call off the convention." ...

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/32322889.html

Anybody suddenly not posting on DU?

And here I thought the lefty psychos at the RNC were more concerned with tormenting the people outside the convention than with actually trying to stop the convention itself.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    And here I thought the lefty psychos at the RNC were more concerned with tormenting the people outside the convention than with actually trying to stop the convention itself.

Of course this REAL hatred, spurred on by Obama and his minions, does not get covered - while the FABRICATED "kill him" lie gets 24-7 coverage on the MSM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Anybody suddenly not posting on DU?
    My first thought was that Bill Ayers was up to his old tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    They focused on the people outside of the convention because they could reach them. If they could have gotten into the convention and disrupted it, they'd have happily done so. Remember, free speech rights only apply to them, not us.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Is this guy one of those Anarchists punks? The ones that were at both converntions?

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Is this guy one of those Anarchists punks? The ones that were at both converntions?
    That's a definite possibility. He's about the right age range, Anarchists are usually the most violent protestors at demonstrations (Most likely due to their fondness of crystal meth), and Molotovs are kind of their weapons of choice.