Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 McCain ‘amazed’ by Palin treatment 
    John McCain called out fellow Republicans who have questioned running mate Sarah Palin’s credentials
    Tuesday.

“What’s their problem?” McCain asked during an interview with radio host Don Imus.

“She is a governor, the most popular governor in America,” McCain said. “I think she is the most qualified of any that has run recently for vice president.”

“I’m amazed. I’m amazed. Which is better? Serve 35 years in the United States Senate and say you’ve got to divide Iraq into three different countries, or be governor of a state and a reformer and give people their tax dollars back and bring about reform in the way that your state does business? Which is better?”

Several leading conservatives, including columnists Kathleen Parker of National Review and David Brooks of the New York Times, have questioned McCain’s judgment in selecting Palin.

Parker called Palin “out of her league” in a September column urging the Alaska governor to drop out of the race. Brooks, meanwhile, called Palin “a fatal cancer to the Republican Party” during a forum hosted by The Atlantic magazine earlier this month.

McCain dismissed their criticisms and credited Palin for energizing the conservative base in a year in which the GOP faces “a stiff headwind.”

“She has ignited our crowds,” McCain said. “She has a wonderful family, a great husband, great values and she shares my worldview.”

“I’m entertained at the elitist attitude towards a person who is proven leader.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14820.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

You brought this over because you agree with them. Alot more do not.

Backstabbers

I acknowledge that people will read and respond to Gov. Palin and her achievements differently. It is quite reasonable to suggest she lacks the resume expected of a presidential candidate, although two terms as governor of Arkansas for Bill Clinton and one term as governor of Georgia for Jimmy Carter were enough to insulate these men from any similar critique.

Sarah Palin always has risen to the occasion in an extraordinary way. An 80 percent approval rating 18 months into office as governor of Alaska is, in fact, extraordinary.

Who would you trust to be president of the U.S. and leader of the Free World: Sarah Palin or Joe Biden? It's not a close question for me.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Who would you trust to be president of the U.S. and leader of the Free World: Sarah Palin or Joe Biden? It's not a close question for me.
    Anyone with an actual thought process will fall over laughing at the thought of Biden stumbling through a role as the President. Palin Rocks!
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Romney on Palin:

"Well, that — that’s something which I — I believe the American people will, uh, assess individually and say, uh, yeah, she’s got the kind of executive experience that you’d hope to find from a person who’s been a governor and a mayor."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8gfvLvvVw
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Romney on Palin:

"Well, that — that’s something which I — I believe the American people will, uh, assess individually and say, uh, yeah, she’s got the kind of executive experience that you’d hope to find from a person who’s been a governor and a mayor."
    There are quite a number of YouTubes showing Obama stuttering all over, and Biden can't make it a day without stuffing both feet in his mouth. Palin is a genius compared to them.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Palin is a genius compared to them.
    Yeah, but they can name the publications they regularly read. :p

Yeah, but they can name the publications they regularly read. :p
    Yeah, but they've had some extra time to study up on all the really stupid questions.

What publications do YOU read, LP? Rolling Stone, Mother Earth News, Ms. Magazine. :D
    -
    -
    -

LP?? Is this you??

-
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    LP?? Is this you??
    Hardly.