1. #1 Correct me if I'm off the mark here, but isn't the key witness in the Libby trial...n 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...x209514#209515

Maybe we should send this to MSNBC

ave123williams (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jun-13-08 04:18 PM
    Original message
    Correct me if I'm off the mark here, but isn't the key witness in the Libby trial...now dead?
    It was Russert's testimony to investigators that was largely responsible for the establishment of a special prosecutor:
    "Scooter Libby, chief of staff for Vice President Dick Cheney, told special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald that Russert was the first to tell him of the identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame (Mrs. Joseph C. Wilson). Russert testified previously and again in United States v. I. Lewis Libby that he did not tell Libby of Mrs. Wilson's CIA identity."
    Bold added for emphasis.
    Who else might not have wanted Russert ever testifying against them, I wonder?

JDPriestly Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jun-13-08 06:15 PM
    Response to Reply #25
    57. So, they kill 4000 troops and countless Iraqis, but you don't think they would kill Tim Russert? How can you be so sure. Tim Russert/Keith Olbermann -- Who headed the news department at MSNBC? Who hired and kept Olbermann going all these years? How much of an impediment is Olbermann to McCain's ascendancy to the imperial presidency? I'd like to know everything that Russert did for the past week, everything he ate for the past week, everything about who he met with, who he saw, who was in his office. Wouldn't hurt to look into those things in this case, but I realize that a thorough investigation will not happen.
    Words fail me.....:mad:

Occam Bandage Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jun-13-08 06:39 PM
    Response to Reply #59
    63. No, they've already given the spiel. They've invoked various drugs which give people "apparent heart attacks," but which are "undetectable" unless you specifically look for them--and I'm betting the coroner won't test for it BECAUSE THEY'RE BUSHCO OPERATIVES I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST THEM.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-14-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...x209514#209515

Maybe we should send this to MSNBC

Words fail me.....:mad:
    Well, at least it got sent to the 9/11 forum. (AKA where tin foil hat threads go to die)