1. #1 Not science fiction: Miami wants to predict when and where crime will occur 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Armed with high-tech software and years of crime data, Miami police believe they will soon be able to stop crimes by predicting when and where they will occur.

It sounds a little like something out of a science fiction novel, but the department is in the process of adopting a system called HunchLab that produces maps showing small areas where specific crimes are likely to be committed during shifts. The probability program is a geographical version of “predictive policing” software, which more departments are using — even if, in the words of one supportive cop, it’s “kind of scary.”
    Similar algorithm-based programs have been credited with lowering crime rates in cities around the country, and some South Florida departments recently have adopted their own systems. In Miami’s case, the department is funding the implementation of HunchLab and other software programs with a $600,000 federal grant doled out by the Bureau of Justice Assistance to encourage smart policing tactics.
    Moe>http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e19256145.html

Quick, someone call Sharpton, I smell racism a comin'

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Quick, someone call Sharpton, I smell racism a comin'
    The left will call this "profiling".
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    The left will call this "profiling".
    I'm going to file this under "what were they thinking"!

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Wasn't this the basic plot of minority report?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Yes but only for murder.
    Leftism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

If crime data results in focusing in non-white neighborhoods, it'll be denounced as "profiling". And if fewer crimes in those neighborhoods are solved and crime increases, it'll be denounced as discriminative policing. Damned if they do, damned if they don't!
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Many departments already kinda do this in larger cities. If you have a particular area where crime is happening, and of a certain type, you know ahead enough to add additional police to patrol those areas at that given time. To say you need a computer to tell you what you should already know is sad.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Yes it was. Interesting movie, I'd kinda like to check out the book which I believe was the basis.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The current Detroit Police Chief, James Craig, is pro-armed citizens. He thinks that prevents a lot of crimes.