Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Should read:

"There's probably no God. But if there is, and he is the (all benevolent, loving Christian God) then we are all screwed.... wait.... what!? That can't be right.. hmm."
    Unfortuately you can't have it both ways. To quote C.S. Lewis "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who say to God, 'thy will be done' and those to whom God says 'Thy will be done'". God loves you enough to give you what you ask for.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s

Once again, I am lamenting the lack of the applause emoticon ;)
    I posted it just for you willie !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Unfortuately you can't have it both ways. To quote C.S. Lewis "There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who say to God, 'thy will be done' and those to whom God says 'Thy will be done'". God loves you enough to give you what you ask for.
    And then there are those who are truly benevolent, and there are those who claim to be... because they offer you a deal "you can't refuse" (ala Godfather).

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Some posters are so predictable. Any mention of the word "atheist" and Wilbur comes running.
    As opposed to the word "succubus", bringing Shannon swooping down from the rafters.

(South Park reference / a succubus: a demoness sent from Hell to suck the life out of men.)

:D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

And then there are those who are truly benevolent, and there are those who claim to be... because they offer you a deal "you can't refuse" (ala Godfather).
    I don't believe that God offers deals.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Atheism requires more faith than religion.
    Not exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by anarkocaptalst View Post
    Not exactly.
    Sure it does. I look at the evidence in nature for the existence of a Creator and I think that an atheist must have more faith than me if he or she can ignore the clues and not entertain the idea of the reality of God.

C. S. Lewis

Once again, I am lamenting the lack of the applause emoticon ;)
    I'm sure they're in abundance at wilburunderground.com
    Be Not Afraid.

Why do Atheists have to be such self-righteous pricks? Seriously; if you don't believe in God, that's cool I respect that. But why do you feel the need to crap all over those who do? I believe in God, but I keep it to myself and I'd never shove my beliefs upon anyone else. So what the Hell harm am I causing? I'm so f*cking sick of these pompous, arrogant douchebags like Richard Dawkins and his ilk trying to seem superior because they're atheist. You don't have the answers to life any more then religious people do, so get over yourself.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    As opposed to the word "succubus", bringing Shannon swooping down from the rafters.

(South Park reference / a succubus: a demoness sent from Hell to suck the life out of men.)

:D
    Night the through on hold can we if, after morning a be to got There's. :D

"Read the chart for me"

"I
    Am
    A
    Little
    Piggie"
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke