Thread: So, I'm in the elevator with one of the janitors, going up to my office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 So, I'm in the elevator with one of the janitors, going up to my office 
    smoogatz (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 09:58 PM
    Original message

So, I'm in the elevator with one of the janitors, going up to my office

to do a little after-dinner paperwork, and he says--out of the blue--"So, the media's making a big stink about Sarah Palin spending $150,000 on clothes. Who cares? They don't say anything about what the guys spend." "What about John Edwards' $400 haircut?" I said. He thought about that for a second. "You're right," he said. "I forgot about that." Then he thought some more and said, "And then you got Obama outspending McCain, like, eight to one." "Average donation to Obama's about eighty bucks," I said. "Plus, McCain co-wrote the current campaign finance legislation. Now that he's losing he says it's unfair?" The guy's eyes kind of got big, but he didn't say anything. We got to my floor and the doors opened. "Have a nice night," I said. The janitor held the door for a second after I got out and looked like he was trying to think of a snappy comeback. "You, too," he said, finally. And the whole time I'm thinking, Dude, if I made what you make, if I cleaned freaking toilets for a living, I'd be TWICE as pissed at the Republicans as I already am, and I sure as hell wouldn't be trotting out their lame-ass talking points in elevators. You can't reach everybody, I guess.

:D
    “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

"Average donation to Obama's about eighty bucks," I said. "Plus, McCain co-wrote the current campaign finance legislation. Now that he's losing he says it's unfair?"
    When did McCain ever say it was unfair? Hey Smuttzz, too bad DUmmy Underdeveloped doesn't allow dissent, I'd have a field day over there.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    When did McCain ever say it was unfair? Hey Smuttzz, too bad DUmmy Underdeveloped doesn't allow dissent, I'd have a field day over there.

First rules for the new order; only Moonbats can disent ( even when they're in charge) all else is treason.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    First rules for the new order; only Moonbats can disent ( even when they're in charge) all else is treason.
    Second rule of DUmp....you do not talk about DUmp. -Robert Paulson
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Now, to grade this Bouncy:
    It starts with "So," that's good for a bong.
    It receives another half- bong for originality, since most Bouncies don't take place in an elevator.
    Another bong for the confrontation, though he wasn't a "Repuke" or "Fundy"
    Lastly, a bong for the DUmmy leaving the janitor silent, though unconverted.
    So, 3 1/2 bongs.

Strange that with all these chest-puffing DUmmy encounters, I've never been confronted. Where is brave Sir Robin? Did he bravely run away?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    No conversion. Lame Bouncy.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

In the reality version of this encounter, the Janitor retorted, "Yeah, but Obama signed a piece of paper saying he would take public campaign financing. How are we supposed to believe anything he promises?"

Of course, if the DUmmy had included this, it would have been and anti-bouncy.

A HERETIC I AM (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 10:33 PM
    Response to Original message
    8. What ever you do, please don't mention you make a good living, working in an office and all...
    You'll be pilloried for it on this board.
    Freaking Little Eichmann.

Did anyone notice...there were two "So"'s in that story. Whatever bongs are given have to be cut in half.
    Be Not Afraid.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    The lying asshole said it was McCain who wrote the current regulations on Wall street!!!! The legistlation he wrote was BLOCKED by the Democrats!!!!!

THese guys are just friggen liars!!!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.